C3 2017 PureTech Shine ConnectedCam, problem with Speed limit sign recognition

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nemuro87
My Cars: C3 1.2 '17 PureTech Shine

C3 2017 PureTech Shine ConnectedCam, problem with Speed limit sign recognition

Post by nemuro87 »

Hi,

I've got a C3 2017 PureTech Shine ConnectedCam, it has a problem with Speed limit sign recognition, meaning that it sticks to "---" where it should display speed limits as I pass them by. The lane departure warning also doesn't seem to be bothered to give any alert as I run over markings (the lane departure warning switch is on the dashboard and is lit up).
I already checked that the settings are set to ON in the car's menu, for the speed limit recognition.
Citroen said the whole camera unit is faulty and needs replaced, almost 700 EURO cost...
The weird thing is the ConnectedCam seems to work as a dash cam, so unsure which part of it is faulty.

Unsure if anyone else had this issue and how they fixed it.

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C3 2017 PureTech Shine ConnectedCam, problem with Speed limit sign recognition

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

Have you had the windscreen replaced recently?

The camera needs calibrating afterwards if it has been replaced.

The camera is responsible for the Speed Sign Detection as well as LDWS, so either the camera is faulty or it needs calibrating. The unit itself costs about £627 sterling, so that price is about right.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
nemuro87
My Cars: C3 1.2 '17 PureTech Shine

Re: C3 2017 PureTech Shine ConnectedCam, problem with Speed limit sign recognition

Post by nemuro87 »

Good point, not that I know of, I bought it off of its only owner who may have "forgot" to mention this, the windscreen does look original.

How would that calibration be done? Assuming only Citroen can do that.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I recently has my C3 Aircross windscreen replaced (chip on the immediate edge - developed into a 2 foot crack within an hour) and the windscreen company expected me to drive a 160 mile round trip to their centre to have the calibration done, which I refused to do. I said I'm not prepared to travel that distance with a rapidly developing crack, when my dealer can do it 20 miles away.

So after making a complaint to my insurance company the arranged to have the glass replaced at home and then I left it at my dealers overnight to calibrate the camera and what not. The official Citroen procedure is that the camera must be calibrated after a windscreen replacement - although the dealer said they don't always have to do this. So that was the reason I asked.

But in your case, it would have to be well out for both the systems not to work, so I suspect it is very likely to be the camera itself.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

nemuro87 wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 12:27 How would that calibration be done? Assuming only Citroen can do that.
Its done using a special print that's mounted on a wall at specific height & position, It just looks a bit like a big QR code. The car is aligned to be a certain distance away from it & then the procedure is carried out using diagnostics.