c2 help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john321plo
My Cars: 307,308.c4

c2 help

Post by john321plo »

just picked up a c2, 1.1 petrol, car was running fine when i had it and drove it home was told there was a newish battery in it.
well went to start it this morning and a no go engine is turning over but just not starting , can it be battery .
on an other note done a key fob repair and now this as stoped locking and unlocking the car changed battery but still dont work .
and now the anti pollution is coming up on the dash screen can this play any part on the car not starting ,for got to say the car will start if i give it some throtle on turning the key any answers on this post will be great ,thanks all
ozvtr
My Cars: Citroen C2 VTR
Citroen C3 SX
Citroen C3 in bits

Re: c2 help

Post by ozvtr »

john321plo wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 22:43 just picked up a c2, 1.1 petrol, car was running fine when i had it and drove it home was told there was a newish battery in it.
well went to start it this morning and a no go engine is turning over but just not starting , can it be battery .
Anything is possible, but... If the engine cranks over at a reasonable speed and your dash warning lights are on while the engine is cranking it's unlikely to be the battery.
As far as adding a bit of accelerator goes, will adding throttle help every time or just some times? Car idle and run OK after that?
john321plo wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 22:43 on an other note done a key fob repair and now this as stoped locking and unlocking the car changed battery but still dont work .
When did you repair the key fob? Before or after the engine stopped working?
What year is the C2?
Can you provide us with the VIN?
Can you pull the fob apart and take a photo?
We need to know what type of fob the car is supposed to have and what type you have.
john321plo

Post by john321plo »

yes ,most of the time throtle will help every time and the car idle is fine and car be driven ,i repair the key fob before and the car was fine but left it over night and it just started play up then , the vin is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] , can get pics of fob up later for you ,but as i say the fob was fine up until i changed the battery
and that is when it started not to work with the locking , i have checked the volts on the battery and it was reading 12.1
john321plo

Post by john321plo »

car syarting proble sorted now it was the battery it faulty ,just the key fob problem now with it not locking all the central locking after battery change
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Does the central locking still work off the button on the dash?
Have you tried resyncing the remote? Switch the ignition on & repeatedly press the lock button for 10 seconds & switch the ignition off, wait 30 seconds, open & close the drivers door & then try locking/unlocking.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

P.S. please re check your VIN, it is not recognised, if you use the last portion of the VIN it comes up as a C2 VTS? An HFX engine code is a 1.1 litre.
ozvtr
My Cars: Citroen C2 VTR
Citroen C3 SX
Citroen C3 in bits

Post by ozvtr »

Which battery are you talking about when you say it was working until you changed the battery? The car battery or the fob battery?
The fob battery should be around 3V. Why did you change it? Is the C2 a Mk2 and you got a warning on the central display?
Has it stopped working all together? Or does one button work?
As wheeler says try the dash button and try it in combination with the fob. Try Locking it with the dash button and try unlocking it with the fob.
Try putting the fob over the COMs unit (where the stalk switches are, behind the steering wheel) and see if it works. The antenna for the fob receiver is on the top of the COMs unit.
john321plo

Post by john321plo »

sorry oly now getting back to answers ,been a mad week in all , up date on car battery it is now working fine and holding charge well found out that there was a live and nutral feed going back in to the car so removed it and now the battery does not draain down ,it must of been for a black box or dash cam fitter in ,in thee past
as for key fob tryed it yesterday and it worked as if it was new ,so i was thinking the there was no problem with the fob it was just that the car battery was down there was not good power to work the ce tral locking ,thanks as any reply hope i can do the for others