c5 x7 sport tourer adding park sensors and heating problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alisan
My Cars: c5 x7 2011 station

c5 x7 sport tourer adding park sensors and heating problem

Post by alisan »

Hello,

Recently I bought a second hand citroen c5 x7 1.6 e-hdi tourer dynamique. I wonder about 2 questions.

1- Is there anybody who tried/done retrofitting to c5? ( I also have seat leon and vag cars can be retrofit after buying) Because the car is too long I would like to change the rear parking unit with both front+rear option which is standard at exclusive. Also if possible I would like to add automatic trunck option which i also not served in turkey. Can I programme these parts to car via lexia?

2- Is there any option to set the heating temperature values to decreae/increae together. Everytime I change the driver side I also have to change the passenger side to get the same tempereature value.

Thank you all
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: c5 x7 sport tourer adding park sensors and heating problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

1A) To add front and rear options you will need to have the sensors of course, plus the correct / additional wiring harnesses, plus a new parking assistance ECU that supports Front & Rear assistance and drill out the holes and of course configure the BSI to accept this.

1B) Motorised Tailgate: the tourer C5s with motorised tailgates are not just a matter of configuring... they use a completely different tailgate system full of sensors and components not found on standard tailgate models. You would need the new tailgate and the correct wiring harnesses again, plus the configuration, and any additional fuses etc for the system. It is not an easy job and I don't know anyone who has attempted it because of the expense of the job and the problem with the wiring looms.

2) There is no way to adjust the temperature controls together on this vehicle with the dual climate control system - the temperatures are set individually for driver and passenger.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
alisan
My Cars: c5 x7 2011 station

Post by alisan »

Thank for your answer. Tailgate issue upset me but front sensor availability made me happy. I will talk to the authorized service immediately. For the sensors, does the harness need any extra hand work or after drilling the holes harness is directly connected to the park sensor ecu?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You will need the correct Parking assistance ECU, as there is one unit for the rear only, another for the rear only and with camera, another for front and rear and another for front and rear and camera (note rear camera only for vehicles with telematics systems).

As for the harness at the front, you will need at least the front bumper harness for the parking assistance. I can't be certain about the intermediate wiring harness, as these changed from build date of 1 November 2011., so you will need to check with your dealer as I don't know what build date and specifications both models (yours and donor vehicle are. There will need BSI programming required too.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc