How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Best of luck Ali. :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

The latest Europe maps update (2021-1) for RT6/SMEGx is freely available from the PSA servers at
http://psa.download.navigation.com/auto ... 0-2001.ZIP

This will need a code that is unique to the VIN of your car. Send me a PM when you're ready to update the maps.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Slight Liszt
My Cars: Owned: Citroen GS, Pug 504, 505GTI, 205GTI, 508.

Post by Slight Liszt »

I have finally resolved the issue with my 508 SatNav, largely thanks to the advice from GiveMeABreak.
Thanks for you excellent guidance, Marc.

Following Marks lengthy procedure (I had the foresight to take a book with me whilst I sat in the car waiting for all the Firmware to re-load) the SatNav unit came to life, though in the Atlantic Ocean, off the west coast of Africa. i.e. Lat 0º Long 0º.

Everything worked fine, only the Map of Australia was missing.

So I repaired to the local Peugeot dealer and explained to the manager, (a bloody good bloke as they say in OZ), that I had recovered the unit for the cost of an $8 MircoSD card (less than his company’s quoted $3,250), but that I needed some more software loaded from Peugeot.

Being a little embarrassed at his companies quoted charge, he quietly did some research and got what was required, loaded it and , wow, it is all like new.
His charge was wink, wink, nod, nod and couple of bottles of Wolseley Pinot. The manager is French.

So thanks to everybody on the Forum who chipped in to help me.
Pete
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Nice one Pete and thanks for taking the trouble to update us with the end result - this will really help to encourage / offer hope to others in a similar situation.

I think I mentioned somewhere that PSA don't repair these themselves - some of course can be hardware failures and do need motherboard chip replacements - so sending these off for repair if feasible or they will more often just tell you they need replacing at a huge cost.

At least you got a free map update out of them - that is separate to the firmware, so you would always need to reinstall the latest map update separately. Plus it will need a good 15 minutes of travelling time to allow the GPS to lock on to the satellites.

Nice result! =D>

Marc
Nicap
My Cars: Citroen C3

Post by Nicap »

Hi Guys,

first i would like to thank the guys that put a lot of effort in the forum to help other people. A very good job, that can save you a lot of money.
My RT6 stopped working all of a sudden. The display stayed black and a recurring noise was heard from the CD player. The guy at the garage said they saw these problems before, and most of the time it costs hundreds of euro's to fix these.
I don't like spending a lot of money for things that are "old", but a non working radio in a car is not an option. So i googled for the problems i had and came to this forum.

Thanks to the perfect manual from here to get the radio out and the SD card i was ready to update the RT6. First i tried a DVD with firmware i downloaded from the internet. But that was not quite succesfull.
Than i ordered an original CD from the shop. I noticed that it was different from using the DVD ans after some time, the display came back to life.
After more then 30 minutes it was ready, i thought. I can't remember what lanquage it had when it finished the first time, but i must have did something wrong. I remember the text on the CD that said to wait untill the radio restarted. I did, but then the firmware started to install again. After it was finished the second time i was more cautious and got the cd out before i ended with the same issue. Stranmge enough, i got a Citroen logo the first time after installing, and a Peugeot logo the second time.

The radio sytarted again and the display showed some life again. But the language was in Chech and not Dutch(or English). I tried to look for an option to get it in a different language, but i could(and can not) find the option. It seems to be missing from the menu.

While i am fine with the state it is in n oiw, it would be fine to get the language back to Dutch/English. Does someone know how to get this done?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's the configuration issue.

The latest firmware can overwrite the vehicle Head Unit configuration, and this generally requires the dealer to re-configure from their servers as the ECU goes into secure mode.

Just tell them you need your RT6 reconfigured according to your vehicle options, as the unit has been repaired. They should only charge you a diagnostic fee to do this as the system is mostly automatically configured via internet - they just then check it is all OK.

Marc
mmano72
My Cars: Peugeot 508 SW 2011

Post by mmano72 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 15:33 Before you do anything, post your VIN here (it will be auto-masked from public view) so I can confirm exactly what you do have. I just assumed you posted in the RT6 section so did have an RT6 - but best to check first.
Hi There , am Mano from Malaysia and have a peugeot 508 sw 2012 model. I have the same issue where the screen is blank and nothing works except the sound of my cd spinning sometimes. I have tried a few things but i have come to the conclusion that i need to reflash my micro sd.

Can you help me pls. Pls advice where i can get the Firmware for me to download into a new micro sd card for me to try if its works.

thanks in advance. been having this problem for over 5 years now and sadly the local peugeot stores are hopeless in malaysia.

thanks again
mano
mmano72
My Cars: Peugeot 508 SW 2011

Post by mmano72 »

HI there

I am mano from malaysia. I have a major issue with my Peugeot 508 SW 2012 radio player. It does not work as the screen is blank and am only able to hear the CP spinning sometimes. After reading many threads on this, i need help to download the SMEG rt6 for my car. Can you help pls ? I do not know where to download the firmware for me to copy into the new Micro SD card . Been having this problem over 5 years and have tried everything but its down to the firmware i guess. Here in Malaysia we do not have a Magnetic MArelli hence its hard to get down to the source of the problem. Local Peugeot dealer told me to get a brand new system which will cost me over 1200 Euro which i cant afford. Can you help pls.

thanks
Mano
Nicap
My Cars: Citroen C3

Post by Nicap »

Hi Mano. I tried a downloaded firmware but that did not work. Try to order a genuine cd from a dealer or eBay. If you can't I can try to make an image of the cd I got from the dealer. In that case send me your email address so I can send a link to the file.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

mmano72 wrote: 22 May 2021, 12:35 HI there

I am mano from malaysia. I have a major issue with my Peugeot 508 SW 2012 radio player. It does not work as the screen is blank and am only able to hear the CP spinning sometimes. After reading many threads on this, i need help to download the SMEG rt6 for my car. Can you help pls ? I do not know where to download the firmware for me to copy into the new Micro SD card . Been having this problem over 5 years and have tried everything but its down to the firmware i guess. Here in Malaysia we do not have a Magnetic MArelli hence its hard to get down to the source of the problem. Local Peugeot dealer told me to get a brand new system which will cost me over 1200 Euro which i cant afford. Can you help pls.

thanks
Mano
The SMEG is not the same as the RT6 - and the firmware won't make any difference if you have an issue - likely with a suspected internal SD card that is failing.

All you need to know is in the beginning of this thread.

Magneti Marelli won't help you, they don't repair these units and will only refer you to your dealer.

Order a new software CD of the firmware from your dealer. Copies of these CDs rarely work, due to copy protection - I would highly recommend you order a new one - it doesn't cost much!

Marc
marqs2
My Cars: citroen c5, ds5, berlingo, jumper

Post by marqs2 »

Hi there,

My rt6 (rneg2 cem00) in ds5 is not starting. It only displays the citroen logo. The update system could not be installed. I decided to change the micro sdcard. On the original and the new card, the system after the disc verification, displays disk check ..., and next error flashing during loading. Then it reboots. Is it damage to the radio and the microsd card controller? Tried installing from cd and usb, same effect.

Marcin
Last edited by marqs2 on 05 Jun 2021, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
stagwood
My Cars: Citroen DS5

Post by stagwood »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 19 May 2021, 12:30 It's the configuration issue.

The latest firmware can overwrite the vehicle Head Unit configuration, and this generally requires the dealer to re-configure from their servers as the ECU goes into secure mode.

Just tell them you need your RT6 reconfigured according to your vehicle options, as the unit has been repaired. They should only charge you a diagnostic fee to do this as the system is mostly automatically configured via internet - they just then check it is all OK.
Hi Marc,

it has been a while since you provided some cracking help for me to get my RT6 back up and running. However, in that time, I have been using the headset without the unit being configured by Citroen.

Recently i have been looking to get it configured by Citroen, but the 3 local Citroen Dealer garages nearest to me have all stated, basically, that they have no idea what i am talking about.

When i have spoken to them i have stated that my head unit has reverted to default when a firmware update has been installed. Do you think i should try again and explain it as you have set out above, i.e. stating that the RT6 needs configuring.

If they are unable to help, could you point me in the direction of a Citroen dealer that knows what the hell i am talking about.

Many Thanks

Andy
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Andy - It's listed under their own system!

Basically all you need to tell them is imagine they are fitting a new RT6 Head unit. Tell them to follow the configuration as follows:

Tell them to check ServiceBox under your VIN,
Go to select the "ELECTRICAL" section from the left side
Then from the next screen, select the "Comfort and Convenience" section near the bottom.
From this section, Select " Audio / navigation / telematics / telephone / multimedia"
Under the 'Repair Procedures' Tab, go down to the 'Repair Procedure' section at the bottom.
Select "Configuration : data communication ECU RT6"

Or they can search for the technical document reference "D6AM01F9P0"

It is all listed in there what they have to do, step by step.

Marc
Gastronaught
My Cars: Have owned Renault 9, 19s, and a 2014 Citroen C5
Currently own a mk3.5 Ford Focus and mk4 Ford Mondeo

Post by Gastronaught »

Many thanks for all the information posted here. I was able to use it to recover the unit installed in my late father's C5 which I have given to my brother in-law. opening it up and replacing the SD Card was easy for me, but I have a lot of experience repairing computers:
PHOTO-2021-07-06-17-04-35.jpg
I was hoping the existing SD Card had just locked up/become write only and I would be able to clone it to a new functional card using Easus Partition Master, following the guide here: https://www.forum-peugeot.com/Forum/thr ... 6-go.9722/(though my french isn't good enough so I used google's translate service link to provide the page in english:https://translate.google.com/translate? ... ch&pto=aue)
I did a dry run of the cloning process using the card from my raspberry pi running linux and this worked well, so I had high hopes. Sadly the card was not recoverable back to a readable state, but I managed to get the Firmware disc from a local dealer.
This worked well, though the install took around 50 minutes:
88DDD3CB-2410-4F3D-A6F4-7A8C6B548491.JPG
I also made the mistake of installing it a second time as the prompt to install came up on the screen and the screen now splashes the Peugeot logo rather than the Citroen one 😂

Just need to sort out the maps now. But many thanks again.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No worries, hopefully that will sort it, but the logo can be returned to Citroen using Diagbox if you have the diagnostic kit.

Marc