Seat height

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Westentertainer
My Cars: 2015 c4 grand Picasso exclusive

Seat height

Post by Westentertainer »

Hi my first post. I am considering purchasing a ds5 , I have never seen one in the flesh. I drive a grand Picasso at the moment and my wife likes to sit high . My question is how much lower is the ds5 seating position, does it feel higher than a normal saloon. Regards
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Re: Seat height

Post by Dormouse »

Hi. I sat in my wife's cousin's DS5 before we bought our 3008. She likes her DS5 but admits she took a while to figure out where the extremities were. I found it difficult too when I sat in it and because she had the seat fairly high I felt headroom was low but the two cars are broadly similar when they are parked side by side. My wife really likes our 3008 and agrees that finding the extremities was awkward at first but she drives all the time no problem now. Go and view a DS and both try sitting in it.
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

PS our previous car was a Skoda Roomster. the DS followed a BMW X3 which none of us liked being in. the DS was a far better car to be in hence the move to our 3008
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)

Post by Dormouse »

just read up about the base of both cars - C4 Grand Picasso and DS5. (and 3008). they are broadly the same. - length, width, wheelbase, weight. Big difference is in the overall height and hence the height of the driver's view. Interestingly, there is not too much in the ground clearance between them so most of the extra height comes from the roofline (headroom) in the Picasso.