‘54 Citroen Pluriel driver door fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Madwoman
My Cars: Citroen Pluriel

‘54 Citroen Pluriel driver door fault

Post by Madwoman »

My ‘54 3 door Citroen Pluriel as suddenly developed a fault on the drivers door. It simply won’t open either from the inside or outside. The central locking works in locking the boot & passenger door. And it unlocks the boot. But I’ve got to use the key to open the passenger side door? I’ve had the car battery checked and it’s fine. The dealers want £104 to run a diagnostic test 😳. Can anyone offer any advice please because I’m reluctant to pay that incase I’m overlooking a simple explanation ? Thank you.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: ‘54 Citroen Pluriel driver door fault

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It does possibly sound electrical -

If you can't open the driver's door when unlocked with the key, then it may have been deadlocked (lock button pressed twice on remote fob) if you have this option. That disconnects the locking mechanism so the doors cannot be opened from the inside in case of a break in. If this is the case, then the electrical power may have been interrupted so it is not re-attaching the mechanism.

As for the passenger door if you can't unlock that electronically - but only lock it, then there again may be an electrical issue and that is why they will want to diagnose it. It is not unusual for this type of thing as they should be able to find out where issue is or at least narrow it down for you.

The only advice I can offer, is to check the wiring connections that go from the engine area into the doors via the rubber or plastic grommets / cable loom protector that you can see when you have the door open. Over time, the opening and closing of the doors can weaken the wiring and these can break or short or intermittently work. This may be a simple check you can do first of all on both sides to rule out wiring breaks.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Madwoman
My Cars: Citroen Pluriel

Re: ‘54 Citroen Pluriel driver door fault

Post by Madwoman »

Thank you Mark.
Sounds too complex for me so I will have to take it to the dealers after all. Your knowledge and speed of advice is much appreciated x