Xsara Picasso Jump start question, and onboard computer issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Matheu
My Cars: Peugeot 307 54 2004, 1.6 - Bad Paintwork, and exhaust issue. -will be up as a Project Car
Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 Hdi (54-2005) 88BHP Desire spec

Xsara Picasso Jump start question, and onboard computer issue

Post by Matheu »

So I have a question on jump starting.. I know how to in gerneral, I refer to GABLE (Good and Bad, Live, Earth (ground)

Everywhere I see online are topics like how to jumpstart a xsara Picasso, like this.
BOTH of the terminals under the plastic cap inside the bonnet of the Citroen Xsara Picasso are POSITIVE!! Yep! the + and the + in a circle are the SAME - POSITIVE.
To jump start the car, connect the POSITIVE of the jump leads to the + in the circle (DEAD battery) the other end of the POSITIVE to the positive of the LIVE battery.
Connect the NEGATIVE lead of the jump leads to the NEGATIVE of the LIVE battery and the other end to the BONNET RELEASE CATCH of the Citroen.
Start up the car with the LIVE battery - leave running for 2 minutes and then start the Citroen.
Once the Citroen has started, switch on the headlights and heater on full blower and the disconnect the jump leads in REVERSE ORDER.
^ this is great IF the Citroen is Dead.

However, if the Citroen is the live donor car, can the negative lead be connected:
  • From the -ve dead battery to my bonnet release catch.
and/or
  • to good Chassis Ground on both cars.
----------------------
Secondly, my onboard computer seems to not work (pretty sure I have one in this model), the button on the right hand stalk is unresponsive. So advice on my options would be great :)

Thanks
¬ Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 Hdi (54 plate)
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso Jump start question, and onboard computer issue

Post by wheeler »

You would connect it exactly the same if the Picasso was jumping another car/battery.