Lucas DWLP12 advance actuator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andyw114

Lucas DWLP12 advance actuator

Post by andyw114 »

What type of voltage signal does the electronic advance actuator use? CAN BUS, Straight 12v on/off or a PWM signal.

Edit.
I now know that it is not CAN Bus. The 2006 1.9d Berlingo did not use CAN Bus.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Lucas DWLP12 advance actuator

Post by wheeler »

Probably best to put a bit more detail. I have no idea what a DWLP12 is but if you had said the advance eletrovalve on a 2006 Berlingo with DW8 engine i would have known what you meant.
The Berlingo has actually been using CAN (for the under bonnet stuff) since the mk 2 in 2002 then went full CAN on the mk3 in 2007.
andyw114

Post by andyw114 »

Hi Wheeler
Thank you for your response. If someone did not know what a DWLP12 advance actuator was on the car stated above, then they would not have the answer to the question, just like yourself.

Andy.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

andyw114 wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 13:54 If someone did not know what a DWLP12 advance actuator was on the car stated above, then they would not have the answer to the question, just like yourself.
Until I googled it I had no idea what a DWLP12 is (looks like the model of the pump fitted to the car?).
I do however have quite a good working knowledge of fault finding & repair of the DCN2 injection system fitted to the DW8B engine. Just because I don't know the model number of a specific pump doesn't mean I am not able to answer the question.
If you had mentioned the extra vehicle details I would have known what you were talking about and been able to tell you that the advance solenoid is constantly fed with 12v when the ignition is on & the engine ECU then earth pulse operates it.
Im not sure where you got the info about a 2006 Berlingo not having CAN as all Berllingo's from the 2002 mk2 (with the exception of the plug in electric version) have CAN under the bonnet.
andyw114

Post by andyw114 »

I did edit the question with the car details before anyone had answered.
I must of picked up wrong information regarding CAN system.
PWM signal to the actuator. Thank you.
I will try to pick up an oscilloscope to do some reading for some experimentations. A multimeter will only show a average voltage at any given time.
I'm just trying to get a insight into PWM voltage in comparison to the fuel timing advance.

Thank you.