Citroen saxo rear beam

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jonathancilia
My Cars: Citroen saxo 1.5D
Lada samara 1.3

Citroen saxo rear beam

Post by Jonathancilia »

Hi, my saxo has 117k kms in it, at about 80k kms i changed out the rear trailing arm bearings and seals with genuine parts both sides.

Annoyingly i know the saxo rear axle is notorious for the rear axle pins to be fubard. The right pin was like brand new but unfortunately the left one had the bearing marks in it, i didnt catch it quickly enough, the left one has play ij the bearings again, so my plan is to get a used beam with good pins that dont need pressing out, and rebuildnit with fresh new bearings and paint it make it look like new. Problem is finding a good beam, i searched around in my country, a used one is 50 euros but wont know the condition of the pins with the trailing arms and they wont let you dismantle it before. If the trailing arms are solid means that the pins are in good condition? As this is the only thing i can check for i think.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Citroen saxo rear beam

Post by CitroJim »

Jonathancilia wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 11:36If the trailing arms are solid means that the pins are in good condition? As this is the only thing i can check for i think.
If it's solid I'd say it was seized and therefore the pins would very likely be damaged...

Here in the UK we have people who will overhaul them. I'm sure the same applies where you are... Better to go for a refurbished one than try to source a serviceable one from a scrapper as any you get hold of may have a limited life anyway whereas a newly refurbished one will be known to be good...

I went through this on a Pug 205 - which uses a similar setup...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Jonathancilia
Lada samara 1.3

Post by Jonathancilia »

Tried to find people who refurbish cannot find, and to get one from IM axles will be too expensive in shipping and to add salt to the injury there are alot of charges from customs because of brexit now
Jonathancilia
Lada samara 1.3

Post by Jonathancilia »

Is it possible to find somewhere online, the tube only where the pins are? Without trailing arms and torsion bar etc.. because it will be cheaper and i will attach my trailing arms and torsion bar