c3 picasso weak ac

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

piki
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: picasoo c3

c3 picasso weak ac

Post by piki »

Just wanted to post this , for any1 who is having the same problem i had or so....
i had this problem for year, that i almost wont get any air out of my ac while it working(only when it was on 4/5 speed it whould be felt). also not cold enough air (around 13c at the outlet).
i have tried to get to the evapertor in the past and wasnt successful , i sat on the manual today for lfew hours , and found what i was looking for,
-the blower motor is reachable , took it out and wow , the whole evaproter was 1 piece of mud , dust , and dirt .
washed it out few times with evap cleaner , and bamm new system.
so the ac in this car is a bi*ch to take care of , but it possible.
hope it will be helpfull for any1 ...
(:
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Re: c3 picasso weak ac

Post by Michel »

Great info, I’ve got similar problems with mine. Can you give a little more detail on where the blower motor and evaporator are, and how to get at the evap to clean it please?
piki
(Donor 2022)

Post by piki »

basicly i folloed the manual
but sure - i took out all the driver side near legs panels, (im non uk located -left side driver), then took out steering column, took out the gas padel.
then i had very tight access to the blower motor, it has a tab at the the top which u press ,and rotate like 1/4 turn anticlockwise, then just pull it out(very tight spacing),
and unplug the blower conector.
then i just could put my hand to touch the avap/if u have a flexible camera , it was dirty af, the evap located between the blower to the rear of the vehicle.
then there is something who called evapartor cleaning(seach in general ac stores- i have attached pic) , u mix it with water , i did it very concentrated , cos the evap was blocked completly, then u spray the mix into he evap , using a pressure bottle with flex hose, let it sit for 3 min(not more the 5 it will eat the coils,),
then wash it good! with water , i repet it like 3 times . that all
piki
(Donor 2022)

Post by piki »

something like that
Attachments
condencide-5l-coil-cleaner-disinfectant-800.jpg