The SMEG update process is stuck. Need help or any suggestion, please.

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

dmitroid
My Cars: Peugeot 308 SW 2015

The SMEG update process is stuck. Need help or any suggestion, please.

Post by dmitroid »

My car is Peugeot 308 SW 2015

One day I thought that will not bad to update SMEG to the latest version. This was a bad idea.
IMG_6071.jpg
Before that action, I read many instructions, created a USB stick. System confirmed and allowed updating process. It seems all was fine. System few times reboot and continue the process. But...

But on "Phase 5 Creating the 3 SD partitions" updating stops or stuck.
IMG_6112.jpg
Now I have always a blue screen on this step when my car is enabled. All control multimedia systems not working. I tried to disconnect the battery, but after this, I always stuck in the same Phase 5. I think my USB stick was wrong or other issues. But what is done is done.

I will be very appreciative of any suggestion or solution to this issue. Please help me.
xu9j4
My Cars: 132C2.000, 126 A1.076/E, XU9J4, X14XE, Z18XE, AWC, DV6C

Re: The SMEG update process is stuck. Need help or any suggestion, please.

Post by xu9j4 »

Hello, make sure the other USB socket (if your car has two) is empty.

Greg
dmitroid
My Cars: Peugeot 308 SW 2015

Post by dmitroid »

The other socket is empty. Also, I tried this method:

I turned off the car, unlocked the battery after 15 minutes, inserted the flash drive in advance, connected the battery a few hours later, waited a minute, started the car. At the same time, the display remained just black and did not respond, the side icons were not illuminated. The display did not turn on after waiting for about an hour and nothing happened. After turning off/on the car display was still black. After reconnecting the battery and removing the flash drive, the display turned on with the Peugeot screen saver.
IMG_6278.jpg
When I inserted a flash drive, the display immediately changes to blue, and the process after the test will get stuck again immediately in phase 5. I tried it with different flesh drives many times.

I also tried to put a lower version of SMEG. In this case, I had a message about the impossibility of installation due to incompatibility media.info with a constant loop reboot of the system.
IMG_6277.jpg
MacSlavko
My Cars: DS5 2.0 BlueHDi

Post by MacSlavko »

Have you tried with another firmware?
I see you're installing 5.3.3. Why not try with a more recent one (5.4.x)?
5.43.A.R2 is the latest one.