Peugeot 206 1.4 hdi p0382 code

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paul Medcalf
My Cars: Peugeot 206 1.4 hdi peugeot 306 1.4 meridian

Peugeot 206 1.4 hdi p0382 code

Post by Paul Medcalf »

Having had this code P0382 arrive on my ecu and not finding much to help me out I am now trying to help anyone else that may be experiencing the same problem. It seems that our 206 has a failsafe on the event of the heat plugs failing and puts it into limp mode , scratching head and trying to diagnose the problem . I dicided to find an old heat plug that worked of course ! And connected it to the heat solenoid with a single wire and a crocodile clip to earth making sure it was clear of anything it may melt. It worked limp mode gone reved all the way problem sorted. Now to the difficult part of changing the heat plugs and what seemed a hopeless situation resolved. I do hope this post helps out someone in need in the future. Paul
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Re: Peugeot 206 1.4 hdi p0382 code

Post by mickthemaverick »

Hi Paul and :welc:
Thanks for posting up that info as I'm sure it will benefit someone at some point. Having joined the FCF make the most of it. There is a wealth of experience and knowhow among the members and the administrators are first class. Have a look round the forum from the Board Index above, with careful attention to the Off Topic Chat Lounge, OTCL, where you will find discussion, entertainment, amusement and a lot of diverse subjects. Join in whatever takes your fancy and be assured of a proper welcome from everyone. (You will of course get a fair amount of good natured banter too, but that's the whole point of a forum!!) :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!