P0341 / Camshaft position sensor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Natasha_Young
My Cars: Citroen DS3

P0341 / Camshaft position sensor

Post by Natasha_Young »

Hi,
I replaced the Camshaft Position sensor (inlet) in September and today the engine light has come on and the same code is appearing (P0341). Have switched the inlet and outlet sensors and cleared the code but restarted the car an hour later and the light is back on. Any ideas? Could it be another faulty sensor?
Thanks in advance.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: P0341 / Camshaft position sensor

Post by wheeler »

If this is the BMW engine unfortunately this could be a sign of a stretched timing chain or weak tensioner, pretty common on this engine. are there any rattle noises from the engine, especially on first start from cold?
Cam sensors are not that common failing but if you got the replacement from Euro Car Parts then its always a possibility.
Natasha_Young

Post by Natasha_Young »

Thanks for your reply. It’s a Citroen DS3. I’m getting the codes read again on Wednesday now that I’ve switched the 2 inlet/outlet sensors around and the engine light is back on. It was showing the code for inlet A last time so I guess if it’s showing a new code for outlet B then it might mean a faulty sensor. The sensor I bought back in September was from a local store so might not be the best quality sensor. Fingers crossed for this outcome anyway! It’s the cheaper option!
Will update on Wednesday.
Natasha_Young

Post by Natasha_Young »

Hi.
The code has changed since I switched the sensors, so looks like it’s a faulty sensor. Any recommendations of where to buy a good quality replacement please?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well, NOT from Euro Car Parts! Their nickname is Euro Crap Parts (and they have earned it).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Natasha_Young

Post by Natasha_Young »

Haha, thanks! Took your advice and have fitted the new sensor and problem solved.