DS5 Rear Tailgate

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zipdip

DS5 Rear Tailgate

Post by zipdip »

Hi all I do not know anybody else with a DS5 and so I thought I would ask on here,I bought the car used but ever since I have had it when you push the button to open the rear hatch it only goes up about 10mm it is enough to get your fingers under it and lift it ,once open it stays there and locks ok,just wanted to know is this normal and if not what can I do.
Had the MOT yesterday and it passed again,one weird thing is the bottom of the dipstick is missing,looking on ebay I have ordered another,but given the number that seem to have been sold on there,I would say you have to be careful how you use it.
I thought I would mention that last month I had to change the battery,it was the original one and had lasted 8 years so no problem,but ordered the battery and removed the old one ready for the new one delivered about 24 hrs later,fitted it ok everything back where it was supposed to be and the car turned over but did not start,needed my mate with a snapon diagnostic and all the faults were voltage related even down to voltage to rear number plate lights,but the one that had cause the problem was the immobiliser ,but they all reset with the snapon, and the car is fine now,my suggestion is do not leave the car without a battery for a long period.
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: DS5 Rear Tailgate

Post by GiveMeABreak »

1) The tailgate is not motorised on the DS5 if that's what you mean - it just unlocks it, so yes that is normal.
2) The original dipsticks were faulty and the tips often came off. Don't worry about the part being left in the sump, the filter will ensure it does not get sucked up. Later versions are more robust.
3) When replacing the battery, it is standard practice to follow the BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure otherwise you will have immobiliser problems if the fobs are not resynchronised. It can also lead to electrical issues.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
zipdip

Post by zipdip »

Thanks Marc pity I did not know about the correct way to change the battery,but I have saved your how to,if I need it again,I have one other question,I see there are some recalls on the DS5,if I take the vin into a main dealer will they be able to tell me if they have been done or not.
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are 2 different types of ‘recalls’ - one is an actual recall, that is usually a safety related issue and that will be available for you to check on VOSA:

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

The other type is classified as an ‘after sales campaign’, which is a manufacturer- led campaign to address issues that they are aware of that may become larger problems. These are generally carried out free of charge to the customer.

I can check if there are any of these outstanding if you pop your VIN up.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc