XU10J4R RFV tuning project

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

amirxnt
My Cars: Citroen Xantia

XU10J4R RFV tuning project

Post by amirxnt »

Hi everyone
sorry if my English is poor.
I have 2010 Citroën Xantia 2.0 16v with XU10J4R RFV engine. I kept it for about 10 years standard because I use it as a daily car.
But now I want to increase the power and make it Activa!
For legal reasons in my country, I can't change the engine volume and the number of cylinders and type of fuel! So the block must be XU10 or EW10 but I prefer XU10. (For example, I can't use ES9 or XUD series) Because I still want to use it daily, I want about 260-280 hp and no more.
Here (Tehran-Iran) is about 1.4 km above sea level and its pressure is about 85 kPa.
What do you suggest for this project? use turbo or not? use another version of XU10 (like XU10J4RS, XU10J2TE, XU10J4TE, etc.) or make it (XU10J4R) custom?

(In Iran we only have 2.0 16v and 1.8 16v models of Xantia X2 with basic Hydropneumatic suspension and manual transmission. There is no X1 model, no V6, no Activa, no Hydroactive, no Exclusive, no HDI, and no real SX. the 1.8 models made until 2005 and 2.0 models until 2011 in Iran)
Last edited by amirxnt on 16 Mar 2021, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: XU10J4R RFV tuning project

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the forum.

Something you might want to check first is whether it would be legal in Iran for you to convert YOUR Xantia to a French factory higher spec Xantia. If you can, that would make things easier for you. For example, some Forum members have converted their 2.0l Xantia Activas to 3.0l Xantia Activas, making certain that everything was done to factory standards (so the brakes were uprated to compensate for the increased weight and power, for example). Because the cars conformed to the factory spec their insurance companies classified the cars as standard (as opposed to customised), which kept the premiums down (the premiums did go up, but this was in line with the increase in performance, and not because they were outside of factory specification).

Just because Iran only produced a few variants does not mean you could not make the changes; Citroen made a lot of different models of Xantia, so if you were to follow the French Citroen factory standards you may be legal (but you MUST check first; we would not know the way the Iran legal system works in relation to vehicles).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
amirxnt
My Cars: Citroen Xantia

Re: XU10J4R RFV tuning project

Post by amirxnt »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 07:20 Hi, and :welc: to the forum.

Something you might want to check first is whether it would be legal in Iran for you to convert YOUR Xantia to a French factory higher spec Xantia. If you can, that would make things easier for you. For example, some Forum members have converted their 2.0l Xantia Activas to 3.0l Xantia Activas, making certain that everything was done to factory standards (so the brakes were uprated to compensate for the increased weight and power, for example). Because the cars conformed to the factory spec their insurance companies classified the cars as standard (as opposed to customised), which kept the premiums down (the premiums did go up, but this was in line with the increase in performance, and not because they were outside of factory specification).

Just because Iran only produced a few variants does not mean you could not make the changes; Citroen made a lot of different models of Xantia, so if you were to follow the French Citroen factory standards you may be legal (but you MUST check first; we would not know the way the Iran legal system works in relation to vehicles).
Thank you for these
I know most type of Xantias and their spec. in suspension and brakes, I will use the standard things of Activa models. If I use XU10J2TE engine, my car will be fully standard (Citroen standard) but I want more power (and I don't like 8v head :( )
For suspension and brakes, I have no legal problem. In Iran, they (Police and Government) identify a car by three main things: 1-chassis (chassis number) 2-color 3-engine block (engine block number) that means if you want to change these, must go to the police site and ask them for this and you can ONLY use the same chassis or engine! for example you NEVER can convert an estate Xantia to saloon one! or never can convert 2.0l to 1.8l! you can change color but must they accept this!

I said to prefer to use XU10 because the engine block will not change and has no legal problem.

The insurance companies in Iran don't care about your car spec (If you pay more money and that's ok)