Hi New Spacetourer owner looking for help on the lexia front

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Flann90
My Cars: Citroen Spacetourer

Hi New Spacetourer owner looking for help on the lexia front

Post by Flann90 »

Hi people here for some help I’ve had a 68 Spacetourer for two months and noticed that the head lamps have all the bulbs sidelights and day running bulbs but none work which I’m guessing are just switched off at the ecu or somewhere is there anyone in the northwest I’m from Blackburn with lexia that could help or if anyone could help me find what I need to look for in lexia gear to do it myself thanks ahead for any help
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Hi New Spacetourer owner looking for help on the lexia front

Post by wheeler »

I would have thought that DRL's would have been a legal requirement on a vehicle this age??
Is this vehicle not still under warranty? if it is id take it into the dealers to sort.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Agreed - anything like that get it sorted under your 3 year warranty before it expires.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Has the DRL been switched off like i can do with my 2010 C5 X7 in the comfort settings via the steering wheel ?
Not sure if it can be done on a vehicle that the OP has
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

Hi thanks for your reply’s I should have been clearer I have the drls in the bumper which I assume are used as sidelights aswell but in the headlamp unit it’s self it has sidelight bulbs w5w and drl wedge bulbs which I imagine are for the dispatch without the led drls I assume they are just turned off in the ecu I want to get them working if possible thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There is a menu on the 'Define Vehicle Parameters' section of the system configuration screen where DRLs can be turned on, along with the parking assistance options, mood lighting, Guide Me Home Lighting etc., so check that section out first (section 9.52 of the owner's hand book).

Marc
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

Hi Marc cheers for the help I don’t have the lexia gear but would like to buy it what setup do I need and where can I get it there’s a lot out there and they look dodgy some of the places what do you recommend thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's no guarantee that there is an option to activate it using Diagbox, so be aware.

You'll need a later version of Diagbox (V9.6* or later) for this model I suspect to work with a vehicle of this year.

There are many suppliers, but many here use Easydiagnostics for their kit as they are UK based and provide support. A discount is available for members, although we are not affiliated, details in the link:

viewtopic.php?t=60112

Marc
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

Cheers for the link mark bought the kit and got it going connected to the car I just can’t seem to configure anything all the menus only show parameters and no way to configure any setting on the car I can’t find define vehicle parameters either I am using diagbox v9.68 due to my vehicle being quite new any idea what I’m doing wrong thanks
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

I think Marc was referring to the Vehicle Parameters Screen within the car it should be accessed by the controls on the steering wheel.
As for the Lexia i think there is a menu for the pre delivery or something similar, you may be able to set the customer preferences in that

Colin
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

Hi thanks Colin for the email my spacetourer is the business model no controls on the wheel there all on stalks I’ll have a look at that on the pre delivery section I’ve watched a few videos and they all seem to be able to access a configuration section that doesn’t seem to show on mine will have a another mess with it thanks for the reply
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

First, make sure to have a pen and paper to hand if you intend to make any changes using the Lexia (as once a change has been made the system will not remember the previous setting). That way if you make a mistake you should be able to go back to the previous setting. Second, before making any changes make CERTAIN you know exactly what it is that you are changing (as it is possible to cause unexpected issues if you just change settings hoping they will fix an issue). Third, make sure that any instructions you are following are correct for the version of DiagBox you are running (Marc advised me on a setting change based on his version of DiagBox, but I have an earlier version (no criticism is implied, Marc); however, I was able to make the changes with the information he provided even thought it was through a different menu).

You may well find that some changes (not all, just some) require a code to allow them to be saved. There are two codes; one is the vehicle security code and the other is the engineer code. The security code should have been provided with your vehicle on a couple of cards with a security scratch panel (and is most commonly used for dealing with the keys), while the engineer code is for other things (mainly BSi stuff).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

I seem to have gotten onto the config part but it doesn’t allow changing of values they seem to be locked the curser flashes next to the text but I can’t delete or change the value to yes all the videos online show the older version of diagbox I’ll have to contact easy diagnostics tomorrow to see if I’m missing something which is most likely
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Next time you are in the config menu see if (when you have highlighted an adjustable setting) an icon appears with the word "configuration". If it does (it may also have an F number, such as F1) click on it, and you may then be able to make the adjustment.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Flann90

Post by Flann90 »

Cheers James will give it a try it’s hard work this stuff all the videos show older versions which are different appreciate all the help I can get