Adaptive Cruise control firmwear update

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

lazerspike

Adaptive Cruise control firmwear update

Post by lazerspike »

Hello everyone,
I new to this group so please don't laugh if I'm asking a silly question.
I have a 2018 Citroen spacetourer flair which was suppose to be a upgrade from my older Picassio C4 which was top of the range
and came with adaptive Cruise control.
Now the problem I have is that the model I have does have cruise control but it is not adaptive. As far as I can tell it seems to have all the hardwear
in place to have adaptive cruise. I wondering if anyone out there know if this is something that can be fixed with a firmwear update.
I found out that the Touch Model comes with adaptive cruise control, If a softwear update is possible does anyone know where I can find the download file
and how to install it?
I look forward to your replies

Regards

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Adaptive Cruise control firmwear update

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, nothing to do with firmware updates.

The earlier vehicles used a radar system for the adaptive cruise, but the Spacetourer, like most newer vehicles uses a multifunction camera for the distance alert / speed limiter / lane departure / collision avoidance etc.

It's not something you can practically or economically retrofit as the system is integrated, has different wiring harnesses, and potentially a different electrical architecture so may have a different BSI.

lazerspike

Re: Adaptive Cruise control firmwear update

Post by lazerspike »

Thank you Marc for your response, I can forget about it now and just enjoy the car as it is.....