C3 Aircross Flair Door check strap

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

russbif
My Cars: Citroen C3 Picasso
Mk1 MX5 Miata

C3 Aircross Flair Door check strap

Post by russbif »

I have a conundrum and would be interested in others views.
I purchased a 2019 1.2 110 Flair last year, I have suffered since purchase with a clunking drivers door check strap, but left it until the car went for its second service a couple of weeks ago.

The dealer rejectsed the claim for a new strap saying that it had been damaged by high winds. I have experience of such damage having had my old C3 Picasso door almost ripped off its hinges by winds at Dover, this event distorted the A Post and put the door out of alignment, but did not break the check strap.

Anyway, I complained to Citroen Service with accompanying videos only for them to reject the claim.

I subsequently bought a new check strap and fitted it myself yesterday (30 minute job, just extremely strong clips holding the door panel on).

Today I have had a look at the old check strap, to my amazement the date of manufacture lasered onto the part is 07/19, four months after the vehicle was registered!

This makes me think that there is an inherent fault with the part and it has already been changed once under warranty whilst with the previous owner.

Comments, suggestions? How can I find out if the strap has been previously changed?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C3 Aircross Flair Door check strap

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The only way to find out is to ask Citroen themselves for details of any repairs. However, I know that with warranty repairs, they don't provide the customer with an 'invoice' or documentation that the work has been done in paper format. So you have no written evidence of any warranty work. They do of course maintain internal records, for themselves and also in cases of extended warranty when authorised by the warranty company.

If you have a good dealer, they may provide you with a printout of the vehicle's repair / maintenance history. I did manage to get one of these large printouts from my dealer for my new MK I C5 when I later part exchanged her for a MK II. I had all my servicing done at the dealer, so I know them quite well. It had all my own servicing records, as well as all the warranty work I had done.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
russbif
Mk1 MX5 Miata

Post by russbif »

Thanks for the info, I shall try my "friendly" local Citroen dealer, not the one who rejected the warranty claim, and see if they can access any service/warranty history. The part has obviously been changed sometime after manufacture.

I have tracked down the part manufacturer to a plant in Spain, I used to live there so if I get no joy from Citroen I shall speak to them directly, chance to use my Spanish again.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

All the C3 Aircrosses are made in the Zaragoza plant in Spain Russ. It's the cousin to the Vauxhall Crossland X which is also made there - and I think it was part of the concessions PSA made to Vauxhall / Opel when they were in negotiation some years ago that they kept that plant open.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
russbif
Mk1 MX5 Miata

Post by russbif »

Thanks, the check arm manufacturer is German owned and based in Burgos. Thanks to the information recorded on the part it is easy to trace back, down to the day and time of manufacture.