How to remove the rear spring out of the electronic controlled damper in a 407

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AlvinCitroenC5
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C5 II

How to remove the rear spring out of the electronic controlled damper in a 407

Post by AlvinCitroenC5 »

Hi, as the title suggest, can anyone let me know how to remove the rear spring out of the electrically controlled damper? Please see photo. Thanks.
Attachments
mmexport1614924756843.jpg
AlvinCitroenC5

Re: How to remove the rear spring out of the electronic controlled damper in a 407

Post by AlvinCitroenC5 »

Bump... Nobody?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: How to remove the rear spring out of the electronic controlled damper in a 407

Post by RichardW »

On the parts diagram it's just shown as a complete unit, which suggests it's not easily dismantled! Why do you need to get it apart?
Richard W
AlvinCitroenC5

Post by AlvinCitroenC5 »

A good friend of mine mid last year also bought a used 407SW V6 to be fully restored. However, it sits lower than mine and others, we have changed the front springs and the front height is correct. However, new rear spring and dampers complete units are not available because of Covid-19. So we bought a set of leaked / broken motor dampers from the wrecker and the complete unit is longer, but the damper body has the same part number, thus we want to remove the springs from the broken dampers to our dampers. However, we also see via the part diagram is one part number so we want to make sure before trying yo remove the red circle part shown in the photo. Now that the car only needs the rear springs, heated seats, center vents / trim, and other minor trim pieces and it is done. But, the front now sits higher, looking like a boat...we need to solve this before it gets back on the road. So any help would be great.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's non official procedure for doing this as said - so you're likely on your own with that job as it was only supplied as a complete unit.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc