SMEG Touchscreen Map Updates

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

mashbury
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Citroen C4GP Exclusive BlueHdi 150 EAT6

Re: SMEG Touchscreen Map Updates

Post by mashbury »

@Paul-R, yes I have the C4GP, 2015 model. I am pretty sure it has the SMEG+. The tinkerer in me would like to increase the SD card, but I am slightly worried about how to remove the trim and the (remote I hope) possibility of bricking the SMEG+. You mentioned above that you have created a procedure for cloning the SD card, could you kindly point me to it?
Do you know how / when the system prompts to delete a country, because I haven't found it yet?
Thanks
Paul-R
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

I haven't had to delete any maps since I did the mod so I'm having to rely on my memory! But, I'm pretty sure that if there's not enough space then the system tells you so and then gives a list of all the maps installed and the option to delete something.

Can't help with trim removal on that vehicle I'm afraid but I have a feeling that I've seen a video on YouTube about it. Maybe one of these? https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... io+removal

With regards to modifying/replacing the micro-SD card start reading from post 1603 here https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/s ... st-2183290 for the background or just jump to post 1640 here https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/s ... 81/page-82
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
mashbury
My Cars: Citroen C4GP Exclusive BlueHdi 150 EAT6

Post by mashbury »

Well, now bitten the bullet and modified the SD card, reducing the size of the jukebox (by 3Gb) and transferring this to the maps. I used the Minitool partition wizard which is very intuitive. Loaded another map, final 2 tomorrow, there appears to be plenty of space now and I am confident they will fit. All functions on the SMEG+ seem to be working..phew!

Like many things when you have done them they seem relatively straightforward with hindsight.. but thanks to those on this forum and other forums and Paul-R in particular otherwise I would have never known it was possible and couldn't have done it.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

See, wasn't so bad was it? :rofl2:
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Danieldan
My Cars: Citroen c4 grand picasso exclusive 2015

Post by Danieldan »

You awesome guys! Guess im gonna have to load into the new maps already then xD Do I need a new code now? Anyway, im gonna try using that minitool partition wizard and squeeze my jukebox a little. Is there, by any chance I mess up the jukebox? ;p
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

How much do you use the Jukebox? As long as you don't try to take off more than the unused space in the Jukebox has available there shouldn't be a problem. So, if you have 4.0GB of music that leaves 2.9GB unused and trying to take 3GB off would be a problem! That's assuming it's a 16GB card of course. Maybe only move 2GB?

In fact if you use the Jukebox the better answer would be to clone the contents onto a 32GB card. That will give plenty of space for both music and maps.

WRT the new maps, yes you will need to generate a new code.