picasso c3 noise from steering

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

piki
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: picasoo c3

picasso c3 noise from steering

Post by piki »

hi folks
in need of some more help.
i recently replace all of front suspension on my 2012 c2 picasso(shocks , a arm, tie rods) , also i rebuild the axles .
i noticed a noise in the front after i finish a turn .
so i have puted the vehicle front wheels in the air , and im holding the whell at 3 and 9 , moved it from side to side , and there is every few turns , a click noise coming from the sterring pump/stem.
its not happening while turning(not axle) , it happened after the turn , when i straighten the driving wheel.
Couldnt find any steering fluid , is it electronic motor ? click noise form there it mean send it to rebuild ? its easy to pul it out?
picasso c3 2012 diesel 68kW
will appreciate any help
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: picasso c3 noise from steering

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You do have an electric motor incorporated onto the steering rack, but it's going to be very hard to diagnose on a Forum and if the 'clicking' noise wasn't there before you did any work on it - that may be your best place to start and retrace your steps.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
piki
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: picasoo c3

Post by piki »

i didnt do any work on the steering , but i had tons of noise from bad shocks and the axles so im not sure if its new or not...
Rayling
My Cars: Citroen c3 Picasso Citroen berlingo Peugeot 405 Peugeot 206 Peugeot 306

Post by Rayling »

Hi greetings from Scotland . I have been having problems replacing springs and shock absorbers on my 2012 Citroen c3 Picasso right hand drive .can you advise me how you removed the front. Scuttle cover. To give you access to the nuts on the two front struts one on each side I managed one side by access via cabin filter but am now stuck as the wiper. Motor link arms are in the way.the plastic scuttle moves a little from side to side but I am at a loss and can not figure out how to remove it hope you can help thanks Ray.