CITROEN C3 1st line pretensioner fault,open circuit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sakistou
My Cars: CITROEN C3

CITROEN C3 1st line pretensioner fault,open circuit

Post by sakistou »

hi from Greece.i buy a used citroen c3 mk1 and with diagnostic tool have two false:
a)1st line pretensioner codriver open circuit
b)1st line pretensioner driver, short circuit

i check the connections under both seatw ,looks normally.
can anybody help to fix the problem?thank you all.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: CITROEN C3 1st line pretensioner fault,open circuit

Post by wheeler »

On a mk 1 C3 the pretensioners are in the inertia reels in the B post so no under seat connection for them.
First check would be to make sure the wiring is plugged in. If thats ok you could swap the reel over with the other side to see if the fault moves. If the belt is long enough you may be able to do this without unbolting the complete belt.
Make sure the battery has been disconnected following the correct power down procedure for 10 minutes before playing with any airbag connections.
ozvtr
My Cars: Citroen C2 VTR
Citroen C3 SX
Citroen C3 in bits

Post by ozvtr »

sakistou wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 08:14 hi from Greece.i buy a used citroen c3 mk1 and with diagnostic tool have two false:
a)1st line pretensioner codriver open circuit
b)1st line pretensioner driver, short circuit

i check the connections under both seatw ,looks normally.
can anybody help to fix the problem?thank you all.
You could also try; pull out the center console (where the stick shift or auto shifter is).
Under there is a little black and orange box with a yellow and white label, about the size of a pack of cigarettes. That's the airbag module. Pull the electrical connector out off the box and look for corrosion on the connector and receptacle pins.
I have found people spill 'beverages' all over it because right above it is the cup holders!
Give that a try.
sakistou
My Cars: CITROEN C3

Post by sakistou »

I check the line under seats with ohmmeter and is fine ,continuity is present.tomorrow I try to check the pin connectors to the airbag ecu and I will inform you for the result!