Autodoc Post Brexit...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Autodoc Post Brexit...

Post by CitroJim »

Pre-Brexit I used Autodoc several times for AX spares with great satisfaction...

As they appear to be based in Germany and ship from there, or did, I'm somewhat reluctant to use them now given all the alleged shipping difficulties and so on...

Has anyone used them since Brexit?

I ask as almost every day I receive an email offering me bargains from them. Emails originate from their autodoc.co.uk address...

Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: Autodoc Post Brexit...

Post by Paul-R »

Do they have a posting depot in the UK?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Paul-R wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 10:41 Do they have a posting depot in the UK?
I think they might Paul. I can't remember for sure but the address labels on the parcels may well have been standard internal UK ParcelForce ones...

The invoices inside were definitely of German origin though... From Autodoc GmbH

I well recall the delivery man moaning about the weight and bulk of the parcel he dragged to my door containing brake drums, discs and a driveshaft :lol:

Discussing it with a friend who is far more switched on about there things than I advises there is no problem at all as long as either Autodoc or their chosen shippers have a system in place to pay the due VAT to HMRC.

Furthermore it appears the EU is to introduce a similar system in that VAT will no longer be payable centrally to the EU when goods are sent between EU countries but to each individual country treasury as per the UK system!

And delivery delays that have been experienced post-Brexit are allegedly more likely due to unavailability of suitable transport rather than any bureaucracy.

So it would seem OK but not if you are in a desperate hurry to receive the spares but with Autodoc that was always the case - never the speediest...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

If you buy items through eBay or Amazon (or other online marketplaces) then they <should> take care of the VAT element for the seller, thought that might only be up to the £135 threshold. The seller will need to complete the good old CN22 customs declaration and stick it to the package though.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've just had a new Computer Mouse delivered by Amazon UK from France (didn't know it was coming from their French operation), and that took 5 days - compared to an item that was posted to me from England somewhere that took 7 days, I can't complain - value under £50.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

They are delivering to the UK :) I spotted an Autodoc package in the back of a ParcelForce van yesterday....

I checked their website for a new Saxo heater matrix... £13 for the matrix and almost as much again for carriage :twisted: Still works out cheaper than ECP though, even given the carriage fee!
Jim

Armidillo
(Donor 2022)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 605 V6 SII
406 D9 SV
Xantia SX wagon SII
Xantia Activa TCT (unregistered)

Post by Armidillo »

Is this website just Autodoc in disguise?
https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/

I notice that they stock the same parts at the same prices, and at the moment both have the same special (25% off)! They also charge the same for freight (minimum charge to Australia £107.86).

I did purchase from OnLineCarparts in 2019 - like Jim I made sure it was a decently heavy package!

Cheers
Alec
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Armidillo wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 06:05 Is this website just Autodoc in disguise?
https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/

Looking at the style of the website Alec, I'd say it was indeed Autodoc in disguise :)
Jim

moizeau
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 91 BX TZD Estate. Dead but loved
407 HDI 136 auto
C4 2l petrol coupé
2010 Dispatch III HDI 90
AND a 1980 Z1000ST
AND a 1983 GPz1100 inj
AND a 1995 Zephyr 1100
AND a 1980 Z650 (my moped)

Post by moizeau »

I use https://www.piecesauto24.com/ all the parts come in Autodoc boxes also.
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone