The USA's most significant Car Advert

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: The USA's most significant Car Advert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Still a long way to go Neil.

Their vehicle numbers amount to one vehicle per man woman and child of the population 80+ % of them still petrol or diesel despite the growth of EVs in the last couple of years, there's a pie chart on the net but it's on a paid for site, maybe you can find a free one. :)

They also said they will freeze the taxation on petrol and diesel cars this year.
Last edited by Gibbo2286 on 12 Feb 2021, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

[str]The USA's[/str] Norway's most significant Car Advert

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 13:03 Still a long way to go Neil.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/100 ... el-type/
Yes if Norway hit 100% new car sales being electric by 2025, the mix of the overall fleet will still show higher petrol and diesel for a number of years. For Countries moving to the 2030 new car sales all electric target, or 2035, the transition of the national fleet will take longer.

You can get a feel for the slowness or quickness of the transition through the electric vehicles spotting thread. Carparks and dealer forecourts are still dominated by ICE, and even my own bargain basement stable is 50% Ice/50% EV. :-D . EV spots on the road are more frequent of course, and TESLA's are anything but a rare sight now.

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 12 Feb 2021, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

[str]The USA's[/str] Norway's most significant Car Advert

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 13:03 Their vehicle numbers amount to one vehicle per man woman and child of the population 80+ % of them still petrol or diesel despite the growth of EVs in the last couple of years, there's a pie chart on the net but it's on a paid for site, maybe you can find a free one. :)
Wiki has one :-D

So yes the overall Norway fleet before 2010 (as everywhere) was basically 100 % ish Petrol And Diesel. The fleet make up changes with increasing sales of EV's but has a large legacy fleet of petrol diesel vehicles from years when the ev proportion of new sales was less than 50%. So the chart does show that the leading Country in the world of EV's per head of population, still has an 80% ish fossil fuel fleet.
Norweagian stock of passenger cars by type of powertrain 2018
Mariordo (Mario Roberto Durán Ortiz), CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey