DPF Paramaters in Diagbox

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

markhb
My Cars: C4GP 2011 1.6HDI

DPF Paramaters in Diagbox

Post by markhb »

Hi All,

Just need some help locating the status of the DPF in my C4GP 1.6HDI (2011) please. I am getting intermittent risk of particle filter clogging messages regularly that come and go even though I do lots of motorway mileage. I've only had the car 5 weeks and have had to have all 4 Injectors replaced, new Fuel Filter and Additive filled up. If I could just sort the DPF it would be a fab car! approx. 98000 Miles done.

I'm new to Diagbox and although I have no experience with the software, I'm very computer literate....

Thanks for any help

Mark
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: DPF Paramaters in Diagbox

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well it's likely that your DPF is getting full and is having difficulty regenerating. The DPF over time becomes clogged with ash, engine deposits and Cerine particles that cannot be burned. When this happens, the DPF either needs replacing or cleaning.

The data for the DPF is in the engine ECU. Run a Global test and when it has completed, go to the engine ECU in the list, select and confirm this, which will take you into the other menus to do with the engine ECU. There will be data in this section and live parameters that you can view, as well as showing you the amount of additive that has been deposited in the filter by weight. Remember that the SOOT levels are only relevant for the time that you are reading the data, as after a regeneration, the soot levels will return near zero - assuming the filter is able to regenerate normally.

The miles between regenerations will also help determine how often it is regenerating and over what distances.

For this engine, the replacement interval of the filter is 120,000 KM / 75,000 Miles, so you are over the recommended mileage for a replacement or a clean as it is.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
markhb
My Cars: C4GP 2011 1.6HDI

Post by markhb »

Thank for the advice Marc, I've booked it in for a DPF clean, let's see if I can get away with that rather than a new DPF!

Cheers

Mark
discv
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '05 X Pic 2.0 Hdi
'08 C4 Pic 1.6 Hdi EGS
1973 GS 1220 RHD service van

Post by discv »

I'm in the same boat as the OP-Mark. Lock down and short journeys are expected to bring on DPF issues.
But I'm foxed at square one.

Getting the DPF cleaned seems to work out between 100 & 300, but is not guaranteed to work.
An aftermarket DPF and Cat. combo. appears to come out somewhere in the order of 175 + fitting.
What have I missed?!
C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi 16V FAP/DPFS 110, -Auto (DV6 - 80kW) (C4) (DT) (2006-2008)
Toyota Aygo Black 2007 [well almost a french car!]
Xsara Picasso 2.0 Hdi Exclusive 2005
1220 GS Service Van RHD 1973
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Mark, I have resolved the issue myself for the price of a gallon of brick acid from Wickes. See viewtopic.php?p=672106&hilit=brick+acid#p672106
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!