SMEG Touchscreen Map Updates

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: SMEG Touchscreen Map Updates

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, well perhaps you need to check your settings as these are not always set to display speed limits, especially after any update, so may require rechecking.

Access NAVIGATION
on the screen, go to the next page
Select SETTINGS
Select ALARM
Select RISK AREAS ALERTS
Then from the available options, you should have one that says “DISPLAY SPEED LIMITS”
Select this and then CONFIRM

That should turn the option on,
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
WillyR
Donor 2023
My Cars: Peugeot 504 2.0 diesel 1984 (built in South Africa)
Peugeot 505 GTI 1986 (built in South Africa, and brought to Britain 1988)
Citroen XM V6 (UK)
Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi 1999 (excellent car but it ate suspension spheres)
Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Auto 2001
Citroen Grand Picasso II 150 HDi EAT6 Exclusive 2015 January - engine rattled until replaced. Gave it back at 1600 miles.
Citroen Grand Picasso II 150 HDi EAT6 Exclusive 2015 July - still going strong

Post by WillyR »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 21:58 Ok, well perhaps you need to check your settings as these are not always set to display speed limits, especially after any update, so may require rechecking.

Access NAVIGATION
on the screen, go to the next page
Select SETTINGS
Select ALARM
Select RISK AREAS ALERTS
Then from the available options, you should have one that says “DISPLAY SPEED LIMITS”
Select this and then CONFIRM

That should turn the option on,

I just checked it, and all the options were selected, and it was ON (Range 15) so I have tried deselecting ONLY WHEN NAVIGATING and ONLY WHEN OVERSPEED. DISPLAY SPEED LIMITS has always been ON.
I guess I will just continue to rely on my TomTom, but we'll see what happens the next time I go out.
Have a great weekend... It's nearly spring. =D> =D> =D>
2015 (Jul) C4 Grand Picasso 2.0 Bluehdi 150 EAT6 Exclusive+ now running on 17" wheels - SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE AND SMOOTH THAN 18" - AND better fuel economy :) =D>
Danieldan
My Cars: Citroen c4 grand picasso exclusive 2015

Post by Danieldan »

Hi, is there anywhere I can find these files? My 2015 have never been updated... Even though it have visited the dealer alot of times... I dont fancy paying 2k for something that should've been given to me, atleast for the first five years.

Best regards
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You need to get these from their website:

https://citroen.navigation.com/product- ... Model=true

There is a choice of countries and risk area options. The whole of Europe is £129 (1481 Swedish Krona). Only some later systems like the Connected Nav have free mapping for life.

There are other sources of maps, but you'll have to search for those yourself as they will be pirated and we won't mention them here.

Marc
WillyR
Donor 2023
My Cars: Peugeot 504 2.0 diesel 1984 (built in South Africa)
Peugeot 505 GTI 1986 (built in South Africa, and brought to Britain 1988)
Citroen XM V6 (UK)
Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi 1999 (excellent car but it ate suspension spheres)
Citroen C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Auto 2001
Citroen Grand Picasso II 150 HDi EAT6 Exclusive 2015 January - engine rattled until replaced. Gave it back at 1600 miles.
Citroen Grand Picasso II 150 HDi EAT6 Exclusive 2015 July - still going strong

Post by WillyR »

Danieldan wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 09:02 Hi, is there anywhere I can find these files? My 2015 have never been updated... Even though it have visited the dealer alot of times... I dont fancy paying 2k for something that should've been given to me, atleast for the first five years.

Best regards
Hi Danieldan
As your maps are 5 years old, you might as well wait until the next Issue is available from Here. The very latest in circulation is 42096 - Maps 116.0 dated October and November 2019 except Benelux which is February 2020.
The next versions of the maps will be released sometime in the 2nd quarter of 2021. As you have already found out, the cost for the whole of Europe is £129, or £69 per Country individually.

Like the Multicity function which was stunningly good when used in Europe but rubbish here in the UK (because too few people in the UK took the time to update the real time database, which was ultra simple to do), PSA cares not a FIG for those buying its cars, if the total lack of care over the Maps, and that massive demonstration of HOW NOT TO PROVIDE A CUSTOMER APPLICATION, called MyCitroen, or MyPeugeot, or MyDS is anything to go by.

Since its introduction after Multicity was abruptly abandoned in late 2016, MyCitroen / MyPeugeot / MyDS has been one catastrophic demonstration of the ultimate in software design incompetence after another, with almost EVERY update failing at one point, some for several months until the next update was issued. We are now on v1.27.1 (up from 1.27.0) as of today, 7th Feb 2021 - I would not bet a single penny against it still "forgetting" to record journeys on a regular basis. As for the Service Record database, it is a COMPLETE waste of time after it was comprehensively destroyed in v1.18.1

Good luck Danieldan. Don't waste your money. Go and buy a good TomTom or Garmin instead.
2015 (Jul) C4 Grand Picasso 2.0 Bluehdi 150 EAT6 Exclusive+ now running on 17" wheels - SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE AND SMOOTH THAN 18" - AND better fuel economy :) =D>
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'd have to say the MyCitroen App is not really needed for anything to do with the navigation map updates on this system. You can totally forget it. Just purchase your map updates that come on a USB.

I have the option to use MY Citroen for my latest car and don't really need it telling me when I need a service or tracking where I've been, so it is switched off. There's nothing on it of interest to me.

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

The source of maps is Peugeot itself and is available legally from Peugeot at http://psa.download.navigation.com/auto ... /42096.ZIP - it is the code generating that is, err, dodgy.

This is the most recent update although a new one will probably be released in a month or two. 42096 is known as 2020-2 (v116) and the map data was collected by HERE (the map data provider) in the Q4 of 2019 so is not really bang up date.

I have also sent you a PM.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

I should also have mentioned that you may find that you do not have enough space on the internal Micro-SD card for the complete Europe update as the amount of information has grown a lot over the years.. Your options for this are:

1) Only update the area you want (Scandinavia probably)
2) Update nearly all the countries and delete completely one that you will never use. You will be prompted by the system to delete if necessary.
3) Clone the internal Micro-SD card to a larger capacity card.
4) Use partitioning software on the internal Micro-SD card to take some space from the Jukebox and give it to the map data area. I moved 2GB over on the SMEG+ system in Peugeot 308.

If you decide on option 3) or 4) I can give you links to another site where this is detailed - some of it by me!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Danieldan

Post by Danieldan »

So many good answers! I might aswell wait for the update to come out soonish then I will go for option 2 probably. To me it sounds like the easiest one, and will provide me with maps on all countries I might visit in the future. But I will look into option 3 and 4 aswell, sounds tricky and I dont wanna mess anything up! :)
I will check version tomorrow, thanks for the pm with much delighted info! This whole searching around the net on "how to" isnt even covered properly by PSA itself.. they really want you to buy that overpriced USB!
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Danieldan wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 19:56... PSA itself.. they really want you to buy that overpriced USB!
I don't think you get a USB drive any more. It's all done over the internet. You get an email with a link and I think the file you download contains the DRM licence already embedded. Once it's unzipped you put all the files and folders onto a USB drive (8GB is fine) and then follow instructions.

Danieldan

Post by Danieldan »

So, buying the maps from lets say, ebay is basically the same thing as buying from PSA itself?
Im considering doing it easy for me and wait for the latest update and buy it form ebay, around 30$ most of them.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Why pay anything? I've given you all the information.

Danieldan

Post by Danieldan »

Im scared of messing it up, thought it would be safer to buy, since im a little bit of "noob" with these kind of things.
Since you are certain a purchase isnt needed, I will it your way first! :D
mashbury
My Cars: Citroen C4GP Exclusive BlueHdi 150 EAT6

Post by mashbury »

Hi All,
Lots of very helpful info on this forum so my time to contribute.

I think I have found the early 2021 update maps, now at v117 that Paul-R refers to. They are at
psa.download.navigation.com/automotive/PSA/RT6-SMEGx/M49RG20-Q0220-2001.ZIP.
I have installed most of these and the UK one seems to work so I'm satisfied but of course I do not claim to be giving official information so at your own risk.

I've got the problem of not enough memory and it's frustrating that the system does not seem to give a clear way of deleting maps. I'm stuck now with no `France' but no obvious way of deleting, say, SE Europe manually to create the needed extra space that I can see. I'll give it another go later and hope something happens, at the moment I'm doing them one map at a time.

Any ideas on how to delete one map to create space?
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

That is the 2021-1 update. I downloaded it yesterday and have started to update both my X7 and our 308.

@mashbury What system is in your vehicle (possibly the C4GP in your profile)? If it's SMEG+ then this can be fixed by fitting a larger micro-SD card or altering the partitioning on the original card. I did the latter on the SMEG+ in our 308 and have had no problems since.

The same trick might work on SMEG+ IV2 but I have no direct experience. I don't know about original SMEG and, so far, I haven't had a problem with RT6/eMyWay in the X7.