Rev Counter Light Going Out

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ukphiltr7
My Cars: 1994 (04) Citroen C3

Rev Counter Light Going Out

Post by ukphiltr7 »

My car came back from the garage where the coolant sensor was replaced along with the battery to try and resolve the starting issue.

On the drive home all the dash lights came on and then went out and the air bag light stayed on. I turned the car off and on again and she was OK all the way home.

The next day my wife took it for a drive and all the lights came on again and the steering went heavy. She turned it off and on again and all was OK apart from no power steering. That nigh we went out in her and the steering was heavy, we got to the shops and when we started her again all was OK, the steering was back to normal.

The next day we went out in the C3 and the rev counter lights would keep going out and back on with the rev needle going down to zero when the lights went out, but no power loss. This has been the case now when we drive her and we can hear a clicking in the in the passenger foot well.

Has anyone come across this as what I read it may be to do with a coolant leak, something that may have happened when the garage changed the coolant sensor.
ukphiltr7

Re: Rev Counter Light Going Out

Post by ukphiltr7 »

Well today I went out for a drive today and I have all the lights on the dash flashing again. The power steering has gone stiff again, also the fuel, engine heat and speedo would go off (no lights and speedo going to 0).

I am really hoping that it is a connector that has gone and nothing too serious.

I took the car back to the garage today and on the way there, I was going around a roundabout and the wheel jerked nearly out of my hand. She seemed to want to straighten up, which is not good on an island.
ukphiltr7

Re: Rev Counter Light Going Out

Post by ukphiltr7 »

Well after a fair bit of money and time the issue seems to have been the regulator on the alternator. It appears to have gone and cooked my old batteries and the fact that I had a new battery it was putting too much power into the system. Also the alternator was kicking out about 18v.

I have had the regulator done and the issue went away.