P1641 Fault on the pairing ASB/ESP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

neilrc30
My Cars: Citroen DS3 Dsport plus

P1641 Fault on the pairing ASB/ESP

Post by neilrc30 »

I am after some assistance with the above Fault Code. My ESP light is on permanently and the enable/disable pushbutton light is permanently on too. The Fault code is P1641 message Fault on pairing: ABS/ESP electrovalves / hydraulic valve block. I can't find any info online for this error code. Any assistance would be appreciated
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: P1641 Fault on the pairing ASB/ESP

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'll need to post your VIN (Automasked on post submission) so I can relate the error directly to the specific ESP System you have on your car.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
neilrc30
My Cars: Citroen DS3 Dsport plus

Re: P1641 Fault on the pairing ASB/ESP

Post by neilrc30 »

Vin No. is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]. It also does not recognise the ESP/ABS ECU when i interrogate with Diagbox it gives me the option of two - ESPMK60_0? and ESPMK100?
To give it more background, this has stemmed from a more serious issue the engine light came on and the car goes to limp mode. A garage spent alot of time (£1300) getting nowhere and replacing stuff. I then replaced the MAF, fixed a connection issue with the air manifold and changed, for the second time a new Fuel Rail pressure sensor as i keep getting P0193 Measurement of the fuel injection pressure Short circuit to positive (wiring checked ok) Pressure too High. The car is fine when i reset errors until i drive it, as soon as i get 200 yards down the road engine light comes on and i get the fuel rail pressure fault and sometimes air flow. I also get the faults below. Though i now have a permanent fault on the ESP/ABS pairing P1641 which i cannot clear, which was probably down to me after playing with diagbox

I am sorry for the long winded message hopeing you can advise on the issues individually. I have spent hours on top of the time the garage have, including buying a secondhand Engine ECU/BSI/Key Fobs, which gave me the same faults as before.

I also get the following errors with the ESP/ABS ECU after i have run the car and the engine then goes into limp mode:
ESPMK60_0:
C1391 - Fault non-confirmation of engine torque
U1208 - Communication missing fault with the engine ECU
C1641 - Supplier Fault Code

ESPMK100:
C1391 - Fault non-confirmation of engine torque
U1208 - Communication missing fault with the engine ECU
P1641 message Fault on pairing: ABS/ESP electrovalves / hydraulic valve block

Any help would be appreciated as i am at my wits end with this now