Renewal arrived

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Renewal arrived

Post by Peter.N. »

Long time since I used mine for business Marc. Its also cheaper if you have a wife! She does have her own insurance which I believe is cheaper because she has a husband!

Peter
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Last February took out a there and then insurance policy when I took the BB Micra back after it had served its purpose on a brief loan spell. Best quote was £136 from M&S Insurance.

The renewal arrived and they must have just exceeded the "can't be bothered to look" value of increase, they quoted £150.

So had a quick "compare the market" and up came Halifax Bank £76, just in front of Lloyds Bank.

Effectively the same insurance because although fronted by your high street names like M&S, Lloyds Bank, and Halifax they are all policies with BISL ltd.

Only 4,000 annual mileage but that more than covered me for the past year. It is just a useful back up for the odd trip out.

Maybe if I had waited until the week before my insurance was up the prices would have been higher. Maybe the £76 was a result of buy your car insurance 4 weeks before the renewal date to get the best prices.

Thought I had gone back to the 1970's when the price came up!

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 23 Jan 2021, 14:53, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's right - always get your quotes from 4 weeks out from renewal, as most will hike the premium up within a week to a few days of needing the policy to start and getting a quote within this same timeframe. Mine was loaded across the board one year when I forgot about it for some reason and needed to get insurance within 3-4 days of of the existing policy expiry. They added on somewhere between £50-70! I had the original quotes from about a month ago - so could see how much they loaded it.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

yes I've heard of that Marc. I'm sticking with Direct Line for the moment, when they send the reminder I check the comparison sites and no one has been cheaper - yet.

Peter
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Well I got the renewal quote for the C5 £411, after a chat on the phone got it back down to below last year at £349 but the Zoe really hurts, because it can't have the no claim on two cars it came up at over £900, a bit of haggling got it down to £850, still with direct line, nobody will beat it, I tried.

LV wanted £700+ for the C5................old age don't come free. :shock:
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

I have stuck with Direct Line, they are cheaper than anyone on the comparison sites, even so my insurance has increased since I past 80, about £350 now for my C5, was in the £250 region.

Peter
NewcastleFalcon

Gibbo2286 wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 16:22 Well I got the renewal quote for the C5 £411, after a chat on the phone got it back down to below last year at £349 but the Zoe really hurts, because it can't have the no claim on two cars it came up at over £900, a bit of haggling got it down to £850, still with direct line, nobody will beat it, I tried.

LV wanted £700+ for the C5................old age don't come free. :shock:
Does that mean the Zoe has arrived Gibbo....time to tell the tale :?: Not here of course on Insurance matters, but a suitable thread of its own , or use the Zoe thread if you like. Bit shocked at the insurance.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Is it time to put away the driving gloves now then gents?

:lol:

Marc
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

[-o< Now, now! It is not us old codgers you need to worry about. There is a whole generation arriving who quite literally live on their Smart Phone. God help them!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Zoe's on the drive, collected it this morning, used my bus pass for the first time in years. :)

Car seems fine not a rattle or squeak anywhere, a very few stone chips, interior is spotless and everything that I can understand works. (Need a handbook) the only thing so far that needs a fix is the mirror adjuster, doesn't do anything and a sign on the dash tells me the key battery is low but I have one of those in the drawer.

Had 73 miles to use on the clock when I picked it up, 50 when I got home, about right.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

Zelandeth wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 18:30 Just whatever you do, for the love of puppies, don't go near Adrian Flux.

Their renewal practices are downright despicable, as are the resulting penalties for "cancelling within term" when you tell them where to stick it when they've automatically renewed the policy despite having apparently "sent several emails containing the renewal information" none of which I ever received. Never mind their wanting north of £1100 a year to cover the Xantia alone to start with!

Their customer service is so shocking that once you're insured with them, trying to actually cancel a policy is like trying to knit a scarf while wearing boxing gloves and being eaten by a lion.

Not helped either in that every year I declare the modifications to the car, and every year when I then next speak to them there's no trace of them...To the extent that one year they were actually listed in the policy summary - but not on the insurance certificate itself (it actually stated "Modifications: None")...Go figure.

I have never come across a more downright deliberately obstructive company since the day I started driving. Heaven forbid you ever actually need to try to claim from them...
Read this by chance as a nosey into Gibbo's Zoe saga. I totally agree - their practices were DIABOLICAL. once bitten, forever using a very long spiky bargepole!
NewcastleFalcon

Gibbo2286 wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 16:09 Zoe's on the drive, collected it this morning, used my bus pass for the first time in years. :)

Car seems fine not a rattle or squeak anywhere, a very few stone chips, interior is spotless and everything that I can understand works. (Need a handbook) the only thing so far that needs a fix is the mirror adjuster, doesn't do anything and a sign on the dash tells me the key battery is low but I have one of those in the drawer.

Had 73 miles to use on the clock when I picked it up, 50 when I got home, about right.
Great Gibbo! that should be post one page one on a new thread, I'm going to copy it across to the Zoe can a case be made to buy one thread, seeing as you have obviously done just that :-D

Best of luck with it, enjoy it.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

What are these Zoe things apart from a female DJ?

I think there was a woman driving a Renault with that on the back whilst taking a relative for their Covid Booster the other day - she kept reversing in and out of the parking space for some reason - sounded like a bloody lawnmower.

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 19:05 What are these Zoe things apart from a female DJ?

I think there was a woman driving a Renault with that on the back whilst taking a relative for their Covid Booster the other day - she kept reversing in and out of the parking space for some reason - sounded like a bloody lawnmower.
The driver's mirror one this one can't be set at the moment to see the kerb so I tried reversing out of my drive using the on screen reversing aid............not very successfully. :) needs practice.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Actually take that back - it was more like one of those DAF cars from the 70s - you know, the ones that sounded like elastic bands.

Marc