RT4 USB enable

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

nos4feratu
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: '08 C5 exclusive 2.2HDI 173HP
'01 C5 SX 2.0HDI 110CP

RT4 USB enable

Post by nos4feratu »

Hello everybody. As per title says I want to enable USB connection on my RT4 navigation system. The actual model of the navigation system is RT3eV-N3-Q1 which has an internal HDD and as far as I read about it is considered a RT4 (or did I got that wrong?)

Okay, so what I've done so far: removed the unit, improvised a connector from an old USB front plate, tested with an USB stick which has light on it; lights come on but just idle status, meaning the actual stick is not being read by the unit. So hooked DxDiag (version 7.83) to the car and there is no option to enable USB connection available. Okay, no panic I said to myself let's go to mirascript to see which is what. there I found another bump, mirascript is saying "for version 8.xx" mine is only 7.xx

Problem is everywhere you look for RT4 firmware upgrade you end up reading all kind of horror stories about units beeing bricked after. on other hand is really annoying to burn CDs for every time I want to upload couple of songs onto the jukebox. Probably it wouldn't be much of a problem back to 2008 but for 2021 for me is not something I can live on, too much of a waste.

Question for you is: which is the best approach in my case?

Any advice will be much appreciated.
nos4feratu
(Donor 2021)
'01 C5 SX 2.0HDI 110CP

Re: RT4 USB enable

Post by nos4feratu »

Cd containing 8.31 software arrived finally today, it costs under £9 at the dealer but is coming from France as RT4 is "ancient" (GOD, I hate when people are saying that). Update run smoothly, no hiccups, no blank/white screen, no errors, nothing. The only thing needed was hooking Diagbox to enable USB mp3 play from BSI. With this occasion I changed the amplifier sound processing law from mode 1 to mode 3; definitely better, deeper bass, crisp tweets. Next project will definitely be a mirrorlink adapter using the video input, mainly for using a real traffic navigation software like waze or gmaps. keep in touch.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well done - glad you have that sorted now. A new genuine CD is often better and avoids corruption / issues often associated with downloaded versions.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
nos4feratu
(Donor 2021)
'01 C5 SX 2.0HDI 110CP

Post by nos4feratu »

Yes definitely. Personally, I was held back for a while by so many topics about Rt4/5 updates going wrong/horribly wrong. My main concern was the update process will skip some intermediate points and that will affect the integrity of the whole software. On the other hand, on the CD case, the issuer is saying clearly "for RT4 navidrive 7.xx" so I think the process is safe as long as HDD is okay and no power cuts occur.