Clio 1.5 DCI Mk2 2002 65BHP - Timing Belt Crankshaft Free Floating pinion crank?

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

danjoe
New User
My Cars: Renault Clio 1.5DCI 2002

Clio 1.5 DCI Mk2 2002 65BHP - Timing Belt Crankshaft Free Floating pinion crank?

Post by danjoe »

I have a Renault Clio 1.5 DCI 2002 65BHP

My TDC PIN Bolt has been rounded, I need to remove to lock the Crankshaft when doing a timing belt, according to Renault Tech. Instructions

I’ve had no luck trying to remove this using a reverse drill and Screw Extractor, applying 40NM and heating, at this point Im scared snapping the Screw extractor in the hole made in the bolt

Can anyone advise please if I can do the timing belt replacement and water pump simply by locking the Camshaft and having the Crankshaft set to 12’oc’clock and marking these alignments?

Are you able to advise on this, or give any hints please as to what you would do?

What would be your approach?

thanks in advance
Guy3326
My Cars: Citroen C5 bus

Re: Clio 1.5 DCI Mk2 2002 65BHP - Timing Belt Crankshaft Free Floating pinion crank?

Post by Guy3326 »

Yes, will be able to do it without if you are experienced in doing belts, Genuine Renault belts have marks on them that align up with the pulleys so the belt would line up with a mark on the crank pulley so you know its 100% right. Also mark the pulleys with tipex you will be fine.

I fitted a dayco belt the other week to 1.5dci which also had the timing marks on it