Peugeot 207 cc unlocking itself overnight

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

peugeot207cc2008
My Cars: Peugeot 207cc 2008 1.6 VTi

Peugeot 207 cc unlocking itself overnight

Post by peugeot207cc2008 »

Hello guys

I've got a really strange new problem with my Peugeot 207cc 2008 1.6 VTi car's central lock system, wondering if anyone had the same issue.

Whenever I lock the car (no matter if I use the key or the fob), everything works fine for about an hour (car unlocks fine with the fob/key).

After about an hour later, the remote key stops working at all (I can’t unlock the car with the remote, nothing happens, no blinking, no noise from the car). Luckily, using the key itself works so at least I can use the car.

But there is a bigger issue - after this one hour - I can simply unlock the whole car by opening the bonnet (with the button on the rear of the car, not the fob, nor the door handles). This is obviously a big security issue.

Car’s battery is about two years old, starts fine, so I don’t think it’s an issue with that. I’ve also checked the Park shunt and it’s in the correct Customer mode.

There is one additional electrical weirdness, but it’s always been this way so I don’t think they are connected: the average fuel consumption on the central monochrome screen resets every time I start the car. Nothing else resets, not the clock, nor the radio. I’ve tried a BSI reset but it did not fix this issue.

Any advice? Anything I could check?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Peugeot 207 cc unlocking itself overnight

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I would suggest a diagnostic using Diagbox if possible. That should reveal any logged faults in the system that may be causing a problem.

Here's the guide to use for info: BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc