C3 Picasso 2010 - battery charging ok but electric fault ?BSI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mczeladzki
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C3 picasso 1.6hdi

C3 Picasso 2010 - battery charging ok but electric fault ?BSI

Post by mczeladzki »

I have a little c3 picasso 1.6hdi from 2010. Love this car but there is one annoying thing about it; every time, after 2 minutes I start the engine I hear a short beep, the info is displayed on the dash: electric circuit error, and then a battery symbol comes on and stays on. The car has been checked and the battery is charging fine right at the start of the engne and also once the error gets activated...The local mechanic said it is the BSI not taking readings from the battery but then advised it can be many things that can be wrong and advised having proper diagnostics done.. IT is annoying more than anything. I did try BSI reset. Is there anything else I could do to fix it? Not sure I want to go down dealership route... Is there anybody near me (Southampton)who can help me fix it (once the lockdown is over?). Grateful for advice and tips!
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Re: C3 Picasso 2010 - battery charging ok but electric fault ?BSI

Post by admiral51 »

Has the beep been happening ever since you have had the car ?
Sometimes if the radio head unit has been changed and not been coded/BSI informed of the change it will beep but not sure on the battery message sure someone with more knowledge than me will explain more.

Side note PM sent

Colin
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Some Citroens (I am not sure which ones) have a form of charge monitoring device on the battery leads. If that device should be there but is not (or is not connected to the relevant ECU) it is likely the ECUs will 'complain' about the level of charge available. I wonder if this C3 should have such a device?

As you are a donor I would imagine it would not take forum staff long to see if YOUR C3 should have such a device, where it should be situated (normally on/close to the battery), and how it is connected to the ECUs.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
mczeladzki
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C3 picasso 1.6hdi

Post by mczeladzki »

Many thanks, guys, for your help. James, I am not sure if my car should have such a monitoring device or not. I drive with that fault with no issues, I have now covered the battery icon on the dash with the masking tape. I am slowly losing hope this can be fixed.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you ask a member of forum staff nicely I am sure they could check to see if your C3 has charge monitoring circuits.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!