Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Electric Vehicles: What have you spotted?

Post by CitroJim »

It looks good in Yellow 😎
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Teslas everywhere... But I've also seen a BMW i3 today and VW ID3 a few days ago, both on 70 plates. Couldn't have been more of a contrast for the ID3 as it was parked at the house where the guy owns a couple of pre war cars 🤣
Richard W
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

RichardW wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 15:04 Teslas everywhere... But I've also seen a BMW i3 today and VW ID3 a few days ago, both on 70 plates. Couldn't have been more of a contrast for the ID3 as it was parked at the house where the guy owns a couple of pre war cars 🤣

New one for the thread the ID 3 I think Richard, so for other spotters looks like those wheels are the most noticeable feature.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 15:04 Teslas everywhere...
Yes, indeed... Even I've noticed they're beginning to be as common as muck! And I don't actively go looking for them...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I pass the ID3 location regularly on my bike, the chap is often fiddling with the pre-wars - and I presume he's a French car enthusiast, as he has a C3 and Dacia, so I think the ID was a visitor - one of these days I will stop and have a chat!
Richard W
NewcastleFalcon

VW e-golf and a very nice conversation with the owners a young couple from Wylam :-D Apparently Wylam is full of Tesla's and ev's in general. Should keep the rapid charger working at least, plenty users to report it if its ever out of order. :-D

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

CitroJim wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 15:28
RichardW wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 15:04 Teslas everywhere...
Yes, indeed... Even I've noticed they're beginning to be as common as muck! And I don't actively go looking for them...
The Model 3 is becoming a really, really common sight now around these parts.

We went out yesterday for a longish drive (shhhhh!) and saw 4 Tesla Model 3's on the way. Two white and two black, all in the middle of nowhere on country roads.

I can't say I noticed any Leaf's or other EV's on the same journey although to be honest the later face lifted Leaf 40 and 60 are very anonymous looking and just look like overgrown Micra's that are easily missed as EV's if you're not paying attention. Not like the 24 and 30 like mine which stand out a mile away with their distinctive EV styling. :lol:

I think we've now reached the point where I see Tesla's more often on the road than Leaf's, previously Leaf's were the ones I'd see most commonly but now they're in 2nd place!

I rarely see other EV's - there is a huge batch of Zoe's owned by South Lanarkshire Council parked in Hamilton near their offices but apart from that I rarely see a Zoe driving on the road, certainly a lot less often than a Leaf.

So it seems to be Tesla Model 3's popping up most often, closely followed by Leafs, then everything else is still pretty rare. Third place is probably Kia e-Niros to be honest - I've seen quite a few of them around now (with their distinctive blanked off front grill) but none of the similar Hyundai Kona! (Looks like everyone considering both is choosing the Niro with the larger boot and rear legroom)

Considering how short the supply of e-Niro's has been and that it's only been on sale for just under 2 years its surprising to see them on the road more than Zoe's which have been available for 7 years now....
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I saw a new model Leaf the other day... It looked almost normal for a 2020 car... And no different to the average anodyne ICE car...

All the quirky styling of the earlier models seems to have come to an end... I guess to make them more attractive to the mainstream...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 08:35 All the quirky styling of the earlier models seems to have come to an end... I guess to make them more attractive to the mainstream...
You would be hard pushed to identify an e-golf, e-corsa or a peugeot e-208 on the road either. Easier if they are plugged in on a charger next to you!

You would recognise this though, although I havent broken my duck for spotting one on the road yet.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

No Whiplash aerial, racing trim
No Furlined seats and lettered windscreen
No Eight track blazing Brucie Springsteen
Not a Cortina but it is Grey
Not a Cortina but it is Grey
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

A Tesla - a Red one :)
Surprised I didn't see more as I went on a magical mystery tour, not by design though.
Went to a Tesco five miles away and thought that I would come home by an alternative route to charge the battery up and warm the engine through as otherwise it only does two four-mile trips a day - I say day, they are done in the dark with all the heaters and lights on.
I didn't check the miles on the outset but must have done forty miles trying to find my way home.
NewcastleFalcon

If it was the Tesco Chester-le-Street you selected Steve and went for a jolly in the Bermuda Triangle that is the tangle of country roads around Ouston/Urpeth/Birtley/Kibblesworth/Beamish/Causey Arch/Sunniside and Lamesley surprised you got home at all :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It was indeed Neil.
I was tempted to dig the satnav out.

Did go through Quaking Houses, among other places.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

myglaren wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 14:28 It was indeed Neil.
I was tempted to dig the satnav out.
If you did it would have 'looked' at where you were, said "You got yourself into this mess, you can get yourself out again", and then turned itself off until you got home.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Near Kettering once, it showed me in the middle of a wilderness, no roads anywhere near.

If it was set to Yoda it would have said "Lost you are - use the force"!