xantia rescue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Scottculli
My Cars: 1998 Xantia exclusive

Re: xantia rescue

Post by Scottculli »

Thanks everyone for the replies, ive got a good idea on my plan of action now, i wont mess with the fogging oil,and ill take xanti v6 advice on the fresh batery and some petrol, as i know now she was a good runner before she was laid up,and im confident she’ll start, ill get on that tomorrow and ill let you all know how i get on.
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

What a cracking project you have on your hands, not in the least bit :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Also you have found the perfect place for advice ( ignore most of mine, i try my best :-D ) but the best bit of advice i can give you is spend a tenner or more if you can and the detailed information you will require for your specific car will be available for 2 years 8-)
Vin number is a must but will be masked with **********( look at my profile) and i promise you, the friendly family here will do whatever they can to help you.

Have a look at This Thread first post in it :)
Scottculli

Post by Scottculli »

Admiral51 that sounds like a good idea to the donation, £10 for the work they do seems like more than a fair price, i was wondering when it says parts and information, would that be stuff like parts numbers and service manuals because if so that would be really useful, ive been scurraging for anything i can find.my dad left me a xm manual and a couple other things but nothing specific for what i need on the xantia
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

The £10 donation to the forum goes into our fund for running the forum server, for a subscription to the PSA parts database, and other occasional expenses (mainly involving the acquisition of old technical documents).
We don't supply whole documents from this site, but will provide extracts to help members with specific problems. There is quite a lot of information to be found by using the search facility on this site (I find the google search box a thee the top of the page works well for this).

I addition to the documents that the forum has collected, I have personally got a few documents more specific to the Xantia V6, so if you have a specific need, let us know what you specifically need.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

A great project :D I'm watching with interest as I've had three of them and rebuilt several of their gearboxes...

I may have a set of good V6 strut tops if you find you need some.

I won't post them as I've now suffered the stress of too many lost and damaged parcels in the hands of courier companies... Strictly collection only...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 07:28 I won't post them as I've now suffered the stress of too many lost and damaged parcels in the hands of courier companies... Strictly collection only...
Tell me about it. I ordered a new Logitech HOTAS from Amazon (Black Friday price), and it was delivered on Thursday (supposedly handed to recipient, according to the tracking information). I got home around 13:00 to find a large, opened and empty box on my doorstep! Amazon have already replaced it, I contacted the Police, and a bit of detective work on my part found it is likely to have been sold to CEX in Reading (the Police are also aware of that).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 08:07
CitroJim wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 07:28 I won't post them as I've now suffered the stress of too many lost and damaged parcels in the hands of courier companies... Strictly collection only...
Tell me about it. I ordered a new Logitech HOTAS from Amazon (Black Friday price), and it was delivered on Thursday (supposedly handed to recipient, according to the tracking information). I got home around 13:00 to find a large, opened and empty box on my doorstep! Amazon have already replaced it, I contacted the Police, and a bit of detective work on my part found it is likely to have been sold to CEX in Reading (the Police are also aware of that).
James :shock: That's terrible :evil:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The dental receptionist next door saw two people leaving my driveway in a hurry, with a blue and black box under an arm. She said she should recognise them, as she has seen them regularly 'patrolling' the area. A police officer I talked to (over the phone) said that, as most of the shops were closed, shop lifters are now resorting to 'doorstep piracy'.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Skull
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroën Xantia XII HDi
Citroën AX XII

Missing AX 1.4D Echo

Post by Skull »

Scottculli :welc:

What a wonderful car to rescue, hopefully this will be another one saved and eased back onto the road [-o<
On my 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Gone
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.4D /1.5D)
2 x 406 (1.9 TD Estate/2.1 TD Saloon) 405 1.9 D Estate 306 1.9 XTDT Hatch
Scottculli

Post by Scottculli »

hey everyone, so ill let you all know how i got on,i didn't manage to get out the house today as the was a lot of things going on, but i found out what battery i need, and i saw one at andrew pages for a reasonable price so ill be getting on that either tomorrow or friday.But in the mean time i thought ill make my self busy today and have a look at how the rusty the struts where. there's some good news and some bad news. the good news is that the far side strut next to the lhm tank, looks in pretty good condition, the rubber-steel bond looks a little worn, but for something that is 22 years old its pretty good. the bad (and the ugly)part was that after inspection of the near side strut, it wasn't so lucky and hasn't aged as well, and the rubber has become brittle , and started to crack, and on the back it was crunchy when i prodded it :| . ill have to have a look at my options, i know there's a lithuanian company that did refurbishments on old struts, they do look good. but i'm hoping to find an option that's a little easier, so ill keep my eyes open for now. all looks good, by friday i should have a new battery and some fule.and hopefully the engine running and the suspension up,fingers crossed.(and it my birthday on sunday so id love it if i had it running for then) .
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Check that the battery is what you have actually paid for - Andrew Page has been absorbed into Euro Crap Parts now, and they are notorious for delivering the first thing they find on the shelf.
Scottculli

Post by Scottculli »

oh jeez,realy, i always rember it being the go to place my dad would get parts from.but don't worry i did my homework i know its the o96type, so it'll all be good
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Check the capacity and CC amps match the one you ordered.
Andrew Page used to be excellent.
Scottculli

Post by Scottculli »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 08:07
honestly what is wrong with some people.well hopefully with how lazy they are the police should catch them
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »