"White Oil"

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

"White Oil"

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

got to give it to the Guardian here.....nice title
Headline caught my eye, havent read it yet.

The curse of 'white oil': electric vehicles' dirty secret

...of course they are talking about Lithium, and its what they describe as a long read.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Re: "White Oil"

Well I now know Portugal is likely to become Europe's hotbed of Lithium Production. Wonder how much European Union lets call it investment, (state-aid is such a dirty word), will be forthcoming to facilitate an expansion/exploitation.

If Cornwall wants a lithium industry, I think its safe to say, comparative UK plans for investment and making it happen will be miniscule in comparison.

The Cheviots up here are granite so if granite areas equate with Lithium-rich deposits who knows they might start a few boreholes up here.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

In the top 10 of World commodity price rises in 2021, White oil increased by 477% and topped the chart.
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gene ... -2021.html

So British Lithium's First Physical White Oil produced from Granite near Roche in Cornwall, in a pilot project, could well be the start of something profitable enough to happen. Plenty of granite in the UK.

https://britishlithium.co.uk/first-lith ... -produced/

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

There was a report about lithium in Cornwall some time ago suggesting that there is enough absorbed in the water in the disused tin mines to fill the supply needs for several years without any further mining.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.