106 cooling mystery

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andynotspares

106 cooling mystery

Post by andynotspares »

my 106 xsi has developes a mysterious cooling problem.
The temperature guage rockets up to 'red light' hot within 2-3 mins/miles and stays there untill I get the willies and turn around and go home.
I've replaced the thermostat and the rad (which had seen better days). Its not the sensors because after 3 miles that nasty hot engine pinking noise develops, and the pump is pressurising the system. the levels are all good and the fan cuts in and out when it's supposed to, but mysteriously my heater never gets hot.
Is it a blockage ? Whats the cure?
Michael
My Cars:

Post by Michael »

Have you changed the coolant lately? as it sounds like you have an air lock in the system, try emptying the cooling system and filling it following the haynes manual, i.e. using the bleed screws and a header tank etc..and it should be fine......
m chapman
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Don't waste any time getting this sorted, or it'll see your head gasket off as well (at the very least!)
It does sound very much like you've not bled the system properly following your radiator/thermostat change. There are plenty of posts on the forums on how to do this if you haven't got a haynes.
ZX D
XM V6 Sei
err... and a Vauxhall.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Don't waste any time getting this sorted, or it'll see your head gasket off as well (at the very least!)
It does sound very much like you've not bled the system properly following your radiator/thermostat change. There are plenty of posts on the forums on how to do this if you haven't got a haynes.
ZX D
XM V6 Sei
err... and a Vauxhall.