How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

bobini
My Cars: Citroen C4 B7 2.0 HDI Exclusive

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by bobini »

Thank you.
bobini
My Cars: Citroen C4 B7 2.0 HDI Exclusive

Post by bobini »

So if somebody make big software update or change the navigation SD card or change the navigation unit from another car and his buttons Setup, Navi, Phone, Traffic, music doesn’t work properly, the solution is this: Before update or changing anything make back up of your User config (see attach) or the whole system, you need those 6 files. There is two ways to do that:
1. First with mirascript.
2. Second which I did is: the old card I insert in the PC and look for folder user_data and inside look for User_profile, here is where are the User config files. I copy them and again with Mirascrit I upload them to the new system.
Now I have fully function navigation system that I get form Peugeot 508 and put in my Citroen C4
Attachments
User_con.png
carlc2010
My Cars: 2015 Peugeot 3008 Allure

Post by carlc2010 »

Hello,

I have also been having problems with my RT6 unit on my 2015 Peugeot 3008 Allure. I replaced the SD card in the unit and installed the latest firmware without any issues, but since then my display screen shows 0 satalites and the altitude is just showing: ---

It sometimes shows a street name on the display but not in the lactation im at, the compass seems to work but just no GPS signal, i have tried a different GPS module with same results.

When going into the system menu the software for the GPS unit just displays :---------

Would a peugeot dealer be able to fix this, im guessing they just need to activate/configure the navigation option using Digibox? everything else seems to be working fine, although my fromt sensor seems to go off randomly when stopping in traffic and theres nothing in front of me but the sensor could be faulty.

Hope someone can help, thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I suspect that if you've used the 2.86 or later firmware, then you'll be suffering the same as those who just perform this update - where the system options and configuration of the Head Unit can reset back to defaults, and this includes the incorrect options being configured like the type of parking sensors fitted and other issues. The BSI can go into Secure Mode and this often requires the dealer to connect up and download the configuration from your VIN directly from their servers to fix it. It's something that a Diagbox clone can't override without an internet connection and a valid PSA technician account to do.

So I suggest you ring around as some dealers are better than others when it comes to this sort of thing!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Partition
My Cars: RIP Xantia silver
RIP Activa
RIP Activa
C5 silver

Post by Partition »

Thanks to this thread my unit is now fixed

my process was as following:
- Replace old and bad SD card (8gb) which had read errors and bad sectors, with new good SD card (32gb) formatted to 10gb of fat32 inside the unit
- open car, put in firmware CD
- start car, see that the update process is initiated
- shovel snow for 1 hour while the firmware CD was formatting the new SD card and then finally asking for a reboot.

map is missing, but GPS signal is good and elevation data is found. Car related stuff in settings is not an option anymore. Everything else is working, music plays again, reverse camera works, boots up instantly and now displays temperature again. very happy =D>

For later i will take out the SD card and make a clone of it, to compare with the data i rescued from the bad SD card, to see if i can figure anything out by poking at it, after this years yule i will probably diagnose the telematic with lexia/diagbox for fun :-D

Thanks forum and thanks GiveMeABreak :mrgreen:
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No worries - I'm pleased you have given it a new lease of life. :-D

Marc
aljo221
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: P508 163 Auto

Post by aljo221 »

Hello
One question.
What if something goes wrong with the new sd card and software download, can I then put the old card back in the radio?
Will it work normally then?

Thanks.
Igor
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you old SD card was working fine and you haven't modified or changed anything then it should be as it was before you removed it.

Marc
aljo221
(Donor 2021)

Post by aljo221 »

Thanks Marc.

The current card works fine, I would replace it because of the space.

Thanks again.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Space? Can you explain what you mean - as you can't increase the space any further - the card is formatted and partitioned to a specific size by the firmware. :wink:

Marc
aljo221
(Donor 2021)

Post by aljo221 »

Hello,

I think it's 4GB or 8GB inside. I would like to give a 16GB card, because of the maps, I always have to delete some old map when loading a new one.

Igor.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

What Marc means is that, regardless of how much storage space the card has, the installation system will only create partitions that are of a factory determined size. Trying to make any remaining space available will likely result in issues (and almost certainly not work).

For example (and not to confuse you) one of my clients has (on their tills) set them up with four partitions with a total capacity of 22GB. We cannot get drives that small any more, so we are fitting 80GB or 160GB drives, but when the client installation software is run only 22GB is utilised (and visible), meaning there is well over 50GB going begging (and until the client updates their installation software it will not be available for usage).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
aljo221
(Donor 2021)

Post by aljo221 »

Hello.

As far as I understand this, there are three partitions on the card. One is for software, one for maps and one for "I don’t know what". For the software and for "I don't know what", it creates a large partition as much as it needs, and the rest is left for the partition where the maps are loaded.

Igor
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

On the SMEG+ system fitted to our 308 (also manufactured by Magneti Marelli) the standard 16GB SD card is partitioned into three, two at 6.7GB and one at about 2GB. The 6.7GB partitions are for map data and the Jukebox and the 2GB partition is for (I think) help files.

When I was trying to create extra space for maps there I temporarily copied the data over on to a 32GB pen drive using MiniTool Partition Wizard. I was interested to see that the 2GB partition remained the same size and the other two partitions expanded to about 14.7GB each. So, I think that the software on the RT6 may do the same but, if it doesn't, you can try using something like MiniTool Partition Wizard to push them into the sizes that you want. If you have partitioning tool software already you could try copying the files from the smaller to the larger SD card and see if it works for you.

Two postscripts. On the 308 I ended up not fitting a larger card but altered the partitioning by reducing the Jukebox (I don't store music there) by 2GB and enlarging the maps area by 2GB. I've had no problems updating maps since.

Secondly. For the first time on my eMyway/RT6 system in the C5 I thought I was going to have a problem with enough space with the latest (42096 2020-2) update. But I found that if I updated all the maps except "NORTH_EAST_EASTERN_EUROPE_(R)" and then did that last of all they all fitted in. If you don't already know, this one now contains Russia and takes nearly two hours to load up.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
aljo221
(Donor 2021)

Post by aljo221 »

Hello Paul,

Ok, thanks for the post.
I will try with a bigger card, but if it doesn't work I will insert an old card.

I’m on vacation until January 4th and I’m bored, and we can’t go anywhere because of the pandemic. :(

Igor