The New Citroen Ami

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: The New Citroen Ami

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 14:06
Anyone ever seen a Twizy on the road? Yes thats a heavy quadricycle in its UK Spec, 50mph restricted, and out of the league of 16 year old "drivers".
Yes, used to see one regularly :D It's used as a promotional vehicle for a car leasing company in Paggers... It's bright yellow...

So from that you can deduce the company...

One of the employees of the said establishment used to live just round the corner from me and often brought it home...

Not seen it recently but the company seems to be thriving...
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 14:06
Can't answer that question Mick, but I reckon you and Jim will be in posession of a licence to drive one just like me :-D
When I look at what I can drive on my licence through 'grandfather rights' it scares me!

I'm sure Mick and I would be legit as I, like you Mick, hold a full motorcycle license...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 15:22

Yes, used to see one regularly :D It's used as a promotional vehicle for a car leasing company in Paggers... It's bright yellow...

You over-estimate my Newport Pagnell specific knowledge Jim, but I do know how to look stuff up :-D

https://www.yellowcarshop.co.uk/

What we need to stay marginally on topic is a pic of that very promotional twizy in yellow!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Now this is what I call forward planning:
BFTW
BFTW
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

That is going to be very useful ↑

Patient will have expired before they get there and there isn't any room to carry paramedic equipment.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 15:34

You over-estimate my Newport Pagnell specific knowledge Jim, but I do know how to look stuff up :-D

https://www.yellowcarshop.co.uk/

What we need to stay marginally on topic is a pic of that very promotional twizy in yellow!

Regards Neil
You're a lot better than me at looking stuff up Neil :D I'm truly rubbish at it and Google is not my friend :(

If I see the Twizy again I'll surely get a piccy :)

It used to be regularly parked outside the shop on the pavement with a thick orange curly lead disappearing within...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 14:06 Anyone ever seen a Twizy on the road? Yes thats a heavy quadricycle in its UK Spec, 50mph restricted, and out of the league of 16 year old "drivers".
Yes, used to see one regularly :D It's used as a promotional vehicle for a car leasing company in Paggers... It's bright yellow... So from that you can deduce the company...One of the employees of the said establishment used to live just round the corner from me and often brought it home...Not seen it recently but the company seems to be thriving...
the goods<br />down to the orange curly lead disappearing into the shop!
the goods
down to the orange curly lead disappearing into the shop!
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 17:20
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 14:06 Anyone ever seen a Twizy on the road? Yes thats a heavy quadricycle in its UK Spec, 50mph restricted, and out of the league of 16 year old "drivers".
Yes, used to see one regularly :D It's used as a promotional vehicle for a car leasing company in Paggers... It's bright yellow... So from that you can deduce the company...One of the employees of the said establishment used to live just round the corner from me and often brought it home...Not seen it recently but the company seems to be thriving...

Regards Neil
Wow! That's a fantastic find Neil :D Well done!
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

...and a nice accurate recall from yourself Jim, of your encounter with the "Yellow car shop" Twizy.

n the emerging world of new car "acquisition" the "dealer and the showroom" are likely to have had their day. Maybe too the idea of a "car-shop" where you can get any car you want from the window as they boil it down to so much a month will also be a brief phenonemon. Anything they can do in the shop, you could equally well do on-line though, and get whatever you want delivered to your door.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Ironically Neil, I actually bought a franchise in a company called Phoenix Vehicle Consultants in 1991 which offered exactly that service. My mate Ken (ex Mallorca) and I joined forces and bought the franchises for Herts and Beds. We were supplying any nearly new, ie less than 6 months old and 5000 miles, cars to order over the telephone. We offered direct purchase, lease purchase, contract hire, lease hire and finance lease on any vehicle and sourced to order. It worked brilliantly until the new car prices were dropped in 1994 causing the loss of the significant difference in new and nearly new prices. In those days a new car lost 30% of its value as you drove it out of the dealer so by buying a nearly new significant savings were to be had. After the price drops we could only offer 5% saving and that was not enough to deter drivers from choosing the new option so the bottom fell out of our market and we ceased trading. It was a great time though because we got to drive a huge range of vehicles which we could not have afforded ourselves. Collecting from places as far away as Rome and delivering to the Costa Brava among many boring collections from London for delivery in Luton!! :-D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 17:39 n the emerging world of new car "acquisition" the "dealer and the showroom" are likely to have had their day. Maybe too the idea of a "car-shop" where you can get any car you want from the window as they boil it down to so much a month will also be a brief phenonemon. Anything they can do in the shop, you could equally well do on-line though, and get whatever you want delivered to your door.

I see it as being a bit like an Estate Agents... Certainly it can all be done on-line but many people still want the personal touch and/or are afraid of doing such big things as car and house negotiations on-line...

Covid-19 may still see both off in the long-term though... People generally are getting more and more used to doing things on-line...

Mick, shame your business folded... Maybe you were a little too far ahead of the curve in those days... I could see such an enterprise working much better these days...
Jim

DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

There are several problems with the Twizzy...

It's effectively a single seater as you need to be a smurf to fit in the back seat.
It's got no windows.
It's starting price is £12k!

It's double the price of the electric Ami. I wonder if they might not be restricted to 28mph in the UK...

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

CitroJim wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 18:30 Mick, shame your business folded... Maybe you were a little too far ahead of the curve in those days... I could see such an enterprise working much better these days...
You may well be right there Jim and if I was 10 years younger I might well give it another go, but it demands 12 hour days 6 days a week and loads of paperwork as well as the bit I loved the most, the driving, so I will leave it to the younger generation to find out! :-D
NewcastleFalcon

DHallworth wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 20:58 There are several problems with the Twizzy...

It's effectively a single seater as you need to be a smurf to fit in the back seat.
It's got no windows.
It's starting price is £12k!

It's double the price of the electric Ami. I wonder if they might not be restricted to 28mph in the UK...

David.
They aren't David....lost in the blub I churned out a few posts back. UK Spec Twizy was 50mph limit and classed as a heavy quadricycle.
..and a Heavy Quadricyle which is Category B1.....and the Renault Twizy 80 version for the UK Market was in this category as it was the 80kmh/50mph version. The Twizy 45 was available in other european countries.

Category B1
You can drive motor vehicles with 4 wheels up to 400kg unladen or 550kg if they’re designed for carrying goods.
Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 17 Nov 2020, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

Sorry Neil, I meant I wonder if the UK spec Ami might not be limited to 28mph.

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
NewcastleFalcon

DHallworth wrote: 17 Nov 2020, 21:17 Sorry Neil, I meant I wonder if the UK spec Ami might not be limited to 28mph.

David.
Yes apologies too David I read it wrong. Yes I think if they provide a 50mph versionof the Ami, like Renault did with the Twizy then I think the market will be there for them provided they dont get too greedy on the price. There is no decent reason why the upping the spec to take it to a 50 mph version should double the price.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey