Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Picture(s) of the day....

Post by CitroJim »

Congratulations Mick and the OTCL on your milestones :D
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 19:33 Seeing as this is post number 90008 now, heres 90008.
90008 at Norwich
Paul Miller, Attribution, via Wikimedia Commons
You beat me to posting a picture of a Class 90 Neil 8-)

I did wonder if I could post a picture of a Class 43 HST to celebrate your 4300th Post Mick...

Maybe I can ;) In Blue Pullman guise :D
Class 43 Blue Pullman
Class 43 Blue Pullman
Good to see this iconic train back on the rails :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

I can see that on an old railway poster Jim, I'll see if I can find one

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 22:24 Time for a picture of the day picture: tonight's sunset :) but where?

You've got to be joking Mick.....planet earth somewhere near Hertford probably out your bedroom window :-D
Or on second thoughts it may be a canvas of a sunset scene as a picture on your wall

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 07:42 Maybe I can ;) In Blue Pullman guise :D

Good to see this iconic train back on the rails :D
Its simple enough finding the poster of the Blue Pullman Jim, but the FCF from the archives in the "Notices What have you spotted thread" had this one from Bobins...
bobins wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 18:38 These could possibly go in 'Pictures of the day' but as they're notices - I've put them here.
They were all taken on an official trip to a disused part of one of London Underground's stations a good few years ago. Anyone care to date them ?

Couldn't leave it at that of course
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 19:43
Well the full Midland P poster is here

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AW-QVCYycMA/ ... ullman.jpg
and the blurb with it from here http://transpressnz.blogspot.co.uk/2016 ... oster.html

"In July 1960 the Midland Pullman was relaunched as a luxury all-first-class service using two new Blue Pullman six-car diesel-electric units, aimed at covering the high end of the Manchester-London business market while services on the West Coast Main Line were disrupted during electrification. It called only at Cheadle Heath (now closed), and made the journey from London to Manchester in a record 3 hours 15 minutes. The best time between the two cities immediately previously had been 3 hours 50 minutes.
Regards Neil
Wondered why Cheadle Heath achieved such disproportionate high billing.

Anyway I feel a bit of Trivia Investigation Team activity is called for....
Challenge thrown down here
viewtopic.php?p=663532#p663532
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 10:34
mickthemaverick wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 22:24 Time for a picture of the day picture: tonight's sunset :) but where?

You've got to be joking Mick.....planet earth somewhere near Hertford probably out your bedroom window :-D
Or on second thoughts it may be a canvas of a sunset scene as a picture on your wall

Regards Neil
It was the backdrop being used on Sky TV for their Masters coverage last night. I thought anyone else who was watching the Masters as well would recognise it as Augusta!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Wow :D That old Blue Pullman poster in the disused Underground stating is pure magic :D

I was a bit disappointed to miss seeing the 'new' Blue Pullman when it passed through Milton Keynes the other day...

It's formed of ex-GWR HST sets with all first-class coaches... That translates into super comfy :cool:

The HST lives on, getting on for 45 years old now and still going very strong and hugely loved... A classic design that's both stood the test of time and still looks so modern after all these years... Timeless :D

I 'pass' on Cheadle Heath... For now ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 13:39 I 'pass' on Cheadle Heath... For now ;)
You will find Cheadle-Heath done and dusted and more by the Trivia Investigation Team (Hertford office mainly!)

Well I'm as a parting shot for this evening elevating my electric anniversary pic to POTD. 12 months to the day since I went bargain basement electric and 10,402 electric miles covered with less than £100 on paid for "fuel".

Wonder if I can generate an approriate image from the random milage on the milometer of 38842 :?:
Do fish Swim? Yes I can...
Whittle W.1X Turbo Jet
Whittle W.1X Turbo Jet

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 22:08
CitroJim wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 13:39 I 'pass' on Cheadle Heath... For now ;)
You will find Cheadle-Heath done and dusted and more by the Trivia Investigation Team (Hertford office mainly!)

I saw! Fascinating!

Yes, the Hertford office did a great job there :-D
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

In a reasonably unbelievable case of familiarity phenonemon, I discovered this item of rolling stock amongst a number of others we are temporary custodians of....
1960's Hornby Rolling Stock
1960's Hornby Rolling Stock

That particular Pullman Coach in the larger 1:1 scale world has a fascinating history (for those of us who like that type of thing).

Best told over on the Trivia Investigation Team pages......

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

As a bit of additional trivia, the staircarpet in my parents house was from a Pullman carriage, this was just post-war. It was still there when my parents died twelve years ago.
My dad used to work at the locomotive construction yard in Doncaster, must have fallen into his knapsack one day.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Having told a story about my model railway collection on the Trivia Investigation Team thread I thought I'd show a picture of my office wall today and a close up of the pictures you can see above the desk:
Own work
Own work
Own work
Own work
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Having needed Neil to point out my 1234 likes the other day I thought I'd better celebrate the inverse, my 4321 posts today, so votes for the following options are invited: :-D
Own work
Own work
Own work
Own work
NewcastleFalcon

Of the two it would have to be the Loco Mick, but I find those American things the picture of uglyness but its still marginally better than the other 4321 the "plot" of which starts....

"Four 19-year-old friends: Joanne, Cassandra, Shannon, and Kerrys, all meet one other at a diner, where they see Dillon and Smoothy. As the police turn up, Dillon and Smoothy run off and Dillon accidentally drops a stolen diamond into Cassandra's bag."

I switched off after that dull and unimaginative start :-D The Beano has better plot lines.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

A Milton Keynes Roundabout at night...

Saw it on my morning run today and couldn't resist composing this shot from a high pedestrian overbridge nearby...
V10 Blakelands Roundabout
V10 Blakelands Roundabout
I was quite pleased with how it came out :)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 07:22 A Milton Keynes Roundabout at night...
Saw it on my morning run today and couldn't resist composing this shot from a high pedestrian overbridge nearby...
I was quite pleased with how it came out :)
Well done Jim nice image.
whatsthisthen?
whatsthisthen?
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey