Diagbox and DS5

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KennyW
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Re: Diagbox and DS5

Post by KennyW »

Pete,

Have you spoken to Jim @ Easy Diagnostics, he maybe able to help and advise you. Before spending any money on licence etc.

Kenny
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

He will need a completely different version of DB Kenny - as the older DB won't cover these newer vehicles and there are no more updates for DB V7/8.

I'm going to have to do the same when I get our Aircross.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
cit-rotti
Donor 2024
My Cars: C5R; C5X7; C6; SM

Post by cit-rotti »

Hello,
some experiences from my point of view.
I myself use the DB 9.23 from MrRorry - it was replaced by the 9.68 in April / May 2020.

Basics:
In the past, MrRorry handled the sale of the activation code himself. In the meantime, the founder of the forum from Rorry takes over the handling. Anyone can read in the forum (https://www.tlemcen-electronic.com/forum/index.php) and also order.
Many now sell the software and activation of MrRorry.

Everyone has to buy at Amin-TE and pay 50 €. Anyone who is interested can find out more via your link https://www.tlemcen-electronic.com/foru ... hp?t=90353.
There are currently around 1200 articles on 80 pages.
The purchase process is visible on the first page and of course there are also installation aids at "You Tube"
The many other dealers also have to pay 50 € and sell the product at a higher price.

Virtual machine.
MrRorry wrote that his system cannot be installed on a VM and then replicated.
Is that still relevant ????
In other forums it is now advertised that it works.

Laptop / programs:
If possible, you should set up your own laptop for diagnosis. At least dual processor and 3 GB RAM.
Defender must be removed - no more updates - if possible no virus scanner, etc.

VCI:
If the VCI works with 7.02 / 7.57 / ..., that also works with 9.68.
Exception: the VCI should not be flashed with the NLC software. This software was originally used to be able to continue using older VCIs that only worked up to firmware 4.2.2. With the correct software, the firmware is automatically changed - this works again automatically with the 9.68 (4.3.7).

Requirements:
The Diagbox is actually a 32-bit system and the LEXIA / PLANET a 16-bit system. XP and WIN7 32 bit have met these requirements. From WIN 7 64-bit / WIN10 32-bit / WIN10 64-bit there is no longer a 16-bit.
The 9.68 doesn't run on XP but works fine on WIN7 32 bit.
WIN 7 and WIN 10 64 bit are also suitable because the 32 bit area can be used there - and the old LEXIA / PLANET software (16 bit) has been virtualized by Rorry. However, all additional programs must also be available in the 32-bit area.
WIN 10 32 Bit can only be used up to a certain update - it is best not to use it.

Wolfgang
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, that's my understanding too Wolfgang. A lifetime activation licence for a one off fee - but of course no guarantee of what you can telecode as that is something you will have to find out for your own car. But the important thing is diagnosis and fault finding and being able to use the guided procedures where applicable.

Thanks for posting your findings.

Marc
KennyW
(Donor 2022)
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Post by KennyW »

Marc,

As we are also think of purchasing an Aircross I'm interested in this outcome as well.

Kenny
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
petef
My Cars: DS DS5, C4 Coupe, DS23 Pallas, Xantia Activa

Post by petef »

So I'm having a go at installing Diagbox 9.68 prior to activating it by licence purchase. Downloaded it from the mhhauto site and unzipped the files. The first problem I encountered was that the bundled hack to disable Windows Defender simply didn't work. I managed to disable Defender temporarily, until the next bootup, in Windows settings and then went through the Diagbox installation process. Although this took a long time - over an hour, the final screen indicated a successful install. However on trying to run the programme - to see if would come up with an activation screen, it comes up with various 'Ordinals Not Found' - see photos attached and will not load.
I see in Wolfgang's extensive comments - thanks, very useful - that it perhaps will not work with windows 10 32bit - which is precisely what I have - Windows 10 Pro build 1903. Maybe this has something to do with the problem. I am not really interested in changing the operating system as it includes Oracle VM Virtual box inside which I am successfully running Diagbox 7.855 on Windows XPSP3 which is just fine for my old Citroen C4.
I have now managed to permanently disable Defender through changes made in the Group Policy Settings in Win 10 but the problem remains. Where will I find these 'Ordinals'? Any ideas? Wolfgang?
Attachments
20201115_115146.jpg
20201115_115030.jpg
20201115_115021.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's very likely to do with the activation / licence - remember this is not like the previous versions of DB Pete and will require a valid licence file most probably before it will even run. Therefore this makes sense as it is pretty much useless on its own without a licence, like most software.

Marc
cit-rotti
Donor 2024
My Cars: C5R; C5X7; C6; SM

Post by cit-rotti »

Hello,
the PSA original Diagbox runs on WIN7 32 bit.
I have never installed the 9.68 - only the 9.23 on WIN7 32 bit.
Installing DB 9.68 on WIN 10 32 bit is something for experts and they usually fail too. Rorry himself uses WIN 10 64 bit.

I cannot judge whether the software available at MHH-Auto and the additional programs required completely correspond to the downloads provided by MrRorry.
The pictures are missing ..dll. Maybe the installation will help here
https: // www.computerbase.de/download...-one-runtimes/
The Defender must be elemeniert with WIN 10 - if it becomes active again with a restart, it destroys the program / activation - Rorry offers a program for this.
No DB can work in cooperation with an old DB - everything has to be removed there too.
There is no update for Rorry versions 9.23 and 9.68 and there will probably never be. Each new version requires removal of the previous version and reinstallation and a new activation against payment (50 €).

Offline telecoding:
This is not a problem for the software, but newer control units (from 2015/2016) can no longer be telecoded offline with the code 03114. The Citroen workshop cannot do that either.
It is not the offline telecoding that has changed, but special codes are required for it. PSA makes these available to its dealers individually and free of charge on request.
Manual telecoding works with the 9.68 just like with the V07 ../ V08 .. - rarely with newer vehicles - Rorry is working on it.

Before installing, the original "links" should be observed (https://www.tlemcen-electronic.com/foru ... hp? T = 90353).
Installing wild things is rarely successful.
The activation code can also be bought from easy-diagnostic (Jim) with an extra charge. Good support is guaranteed there.
Greetings Wolfgang
petef

Post by petef »

Well I'm giving up for the moment. Aside from the 'Ordinal not found' issues previously documented it would appear that a necessary requirement is to uninstall Windows Defender. Bundled with the software I downloaded is a file of extras which included, in fact, a couple of uninstall programes neither of which worked. Disabling by changing settings in Win 10 Group Policy would appear to have done the job, but running the Diagbox Manager shows it is still enabled. One way or another I will leave it to others to find out how to install D 9.68. It would appear that, as Kenny suggests, Easy Diagnostics are now selling it , presumably with support, for £80. This may ultimately be the way to go.
petef

Post by petef »

After my last post, it took about 5 days to convince myself to stop being a big girl’s blouse and have another go at sorting out DB 9.68. I came to realise that, if there were going to be issues, I would be better off going to a UK based supplier with a proven record of support. So, I contacted Jim at Easydiagnostics – long known to this forum. He explained that he could not activate the mhhauto version of DB anyway – even if it had booted up properly – as his version was somewhat different. Consequently, I then purchased his version on-line, securing a 15% discount through the FCF scheme, which was allowed even though Jim pointed out he does not normally give a discount on software, just hardware.
I then did a clean uninstall of the mhhauto version and then, following the very clear instructions from Jim, downloaded and installed his version of 9.68. However, though the installation seemed successful, when trying to boot it up I had exactly the same problem as before – ie various ‘Ordinal not found’ issues and no further loading even though the licence activation code was present this time. Contact was made with Jim who spent more than an hour checking then re-installing 9.68 remotely on my laptop through the wonders of TeamViewer. Ultimately though the end result was exactly the same as before – same Ordinal issue. Further checking by Jim with his supplier came back with the answer that there is an issue with 9.68 on Windows 10 32bit and I was unlucky in that it simply would not work on my computer. At that point Jim gave me a full refund even though I hadn’t asked for it, and suggested I try Windows 7.
As my laptop is only used for car diagnostics and there was nothing else of importance on it anyway, I replaced Windows 10 with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 the next day. I then installed Jim’s version of 9.68 again; this time there was another issue – when attempting to boot up a pop up declared ‘Data Access Problem’ with no further loading. When further consulted Jim suggested that all updates for Windows 7 - some 200 of them - should be installed before 9.68. So, after a bit of a struggle uninstalling DB – bits of it try to stick to other programmes – I did all the updates and tried again. This time DB booted up as far as a pop up declaring ‘diagdata.db’ not found. Back on to Jim again and further TeamViewing the next day resulted in his activating DB by installing the licence – this was the ‘diagdata’ that wasn’t found. I paid on-line as he did this and now it works fine. Strewth……..
It manages to read most of the ecu’s on my 2017 DS5 including all the important ones. 9.68 covers even later cars such as C5 Aircross and DS7
To sum up my suggestions are:
Don’t use Windows 10 32bit – you may, or may not, have problems.
If you use Windows 7, install all available updates first.
Deal with someone who knows what they are doing, is easily contactable and speaks your language. The whole problem can potentially be a nightmare and you might need help.
Jim at Easydiagnostics was amazing.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well done on getting the problems resolved, and (in the vernacular of citronut (God rest his soul)) that was a lot of percy-wotsits!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
KennyW
(Donor 2022)
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Post by KennyW »

Excellent news Pete, I know how helpful Jim is with my problems with Diagbox. Eventually discovered it was the hardware had died. I believe this can be sorted.

Kenny
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)