A rant about mister auto

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

A rant about mister auto

Post by doctle »

Car is sitting a little lower on the drivers side so I jack her up to have a look. Front shocks need replaced, new drop links (I can never get them off again). Front pads well worn and a bad mark on the drivers disc so they all need replacing too. I went on mister auto to order some of the parts as they claim to offer free postage if the order is over €49.00. I select the parts I need links, discs and pads and when I try to pay the total was more than the total then I noticed they want money for postage. postage. Looking into it little bit I can see the items are all to be dispatched on different days and it would in effect be three different orders.
As I have bought from them in the past my paypal details seem to be saved on the site as preferred method of payment. I had almost clicked pay now when I noticed the "free" postage was actually very high. "Oh dear I wont be buying anything from these chaps" I said , or words to that effect.
I have ordered most of the stuff from a well known auction site instead I am very irritated by the excess charges that most of the time I wouldn't have noticed. I won't be buying from them again any time soon, cheap parts Not
Oh buggle
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: A rant about mister auto

Post by myglaren »

Sneaky büggers. :(
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

You only get free postage from them if you use their App for over £29 orders Still good for Purflux filters and some other stuff is good price . An odd thing is expensive.
Pity as it used to be £39 and over for freepost. Ah well..........nothing remains the same. This seems to be since PSA acquired the company. Parts in Motion on Ebay are good . Watch for a 15% voucher that comes up regular with them.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
doctle

Post by doctle »

lexi wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 22:06 You only get free postage from them if you use their App for over £29 orders Still good for Purflux filters and some other stuff is good price . An odd thing is expensive.
Pity as it used to be £39 and over for freepost. Ah well..........nothing remains the same. This seems to be since PSA acquired the company. Parts in Motion on Ebay are good . Watch for a 15% voucher that comes up regular with them.
Thank you, I wasn't aware you needed to order by an app. I have whatsapp and thats about it I can't stand the barrage of adverts
Oh buggle
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

I've found that with parts listed by Mr Auto on eBay - if you keep a watch on them, some of their prices can change almost daily. I had a pair of TRW rear discs on watch for my C5, they would hover around the high £30-odd mark including P&P, then one day they dropped to £19 incl P&P. Needless to say, I didn't hesitate and they arrived a week later in perfect condition with no issues. Bargain !
Another vote for PartsInMotion from me as well - some good quality parts at very good prices if you're prepared to trawl their listings.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think it's all to do with the stocks and that 'just in time' rubbish. Yes, it saves them from keeping parts in stock locally, but it's a right PITA if you need something quickly - even basic stuff like discs and pads. I hope we can get back to the days when they kept good stock levels of commonly used parts - this 'waiting for them to come in from France' nonsense for a packet of plastic trim screws is a joke and another reason why they have probably charged you multiple postage charges after splitting the order.

But I'm finding stocks of certain goods online are getting scarce.

I've been trying to order a new Kitchenaid Microwave - advertised on Currys on offer - but not available for delivery and not available for collection from any store! That's no stores in Wales, so tried England and nothing! I mean how the hell are these people still in business and how the hell do they expect to sell anything if you can't buy it?

So we bought a different model from Sage Appliances and that'coming tomorrow after a 4 day wait - and now even the manufacturer's site has sold out. Pandemic or not, peoples' appliances still need replacing and I always say good business is where you find it.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I see AutoDoc are now keen for you to use their app. to place an order...

They offer a small enhancement of discount if you do...

I find it best to use the web on a laptop to see what you want to order and then transcribe it over to the app. I find it a bit tedious to do it all on the app...

And on postage charges... I've been caught out in the same way by AutoDoc so it's not just Mister Auto that do this...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Steve Walsh
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Aircross 2021 VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Kawasaki ZR1100 1994
C4 Hatchback
Yamaha XVS650A 2001

Post by Steve Walsh »

Not sure if this company delivers to UK, but always found to be ok. They do a lot of Valeo stuff which is OE on a lot of French cars
https://www.oscaro.com/
Thanx to Marc and all the admins & knowledgeable people that make this the best forum on the interweb. =D> =D> =D>
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Did you contact Mr Auto about your concerns Doctle? I find that if stuff doesn't match the offer re free postage chasing them about it will usually get it back on track.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Re: A rant about Mister Auto

Post by white exec »

I use Mister Auto (Spain) regularly. Surprising amount of stuff there for BX, too. Good choice of brands.

Their "competitive" pricing has got a bit complex lately, with
(a) a price
(b) a lower price on many items, via app
(c) a carriage charge - std or express (little difference, maybe one day) - which may/may not apply depending on order value - and a cheaper one if delivered (here, anyway) to a nominated Correos (post office)
(d) split deliveries? A small discount offered if you opt for just one delivery date for the whole order.

On the couple of occasions when there has been a problem, they've put it right immediately, so no complaint there.
Really useful, too, being able to search items by Citroen etc part number.
Chris
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

lexi wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 22:06 Parts in Motion on Ebay are good . Watch for a 15% voucher that comes up regular with them.
And with perfect timing - a 20% off voucher from now until 11.59pm 19/11/20 on eBay for Car Parts In Motion and loads of other sellers. T&Cs apply.
https://pages.ebay.co.uk/coupons/2020/bxdj2/index.html
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
doctle

Post by doctle »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 13 Nov 2020, 09:19 Did you contact Mr Auto about your concerns Doctle? I find that if stuff doesn't match the offer re free postage chasing them about it will usually get it back on track.
Hi Gibbo
I didn't contact them at the time I ordered from eBay instead. I did go back and check the website and to be honest it's slightly deceptively worded and set up. Like brake pads for say €25 they re dispatched in 4 days but if you pay a bit more for them they're dispatched the next day. There doesn't seem to be a warehouse items being dispatched on different days and price determining the speed of dispatch for the same item.
Oh buggle