2003 c5 2.2 hdi sphere replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shaunchipchase
My Cars: citroen gs
piccasso
exantia
c5 exclusive 2.2 hdi

2003 c5 2.2 hdi sphere replacement

Post by shaunchipchase »

hi guys ,can any one recommend which spheres to put on this car...there are so many different ones with different pressure original Citroen seems expensive,amtex are cheaper but monroe are a well known alernative, mine has sports button for suspension, and id hydractive + ,,,what are comfort spheres.kind regards shaun
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: 2003 c5 2.2 hdi sphere replacement

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the Forum.

I have used AEP Direct in the past, and been satisfied with their service. They will want to be sure you are ordering the right spheres for your car, so it would be a good idea to let them know the vehicle reg number (the first time I bought from them I did not know this, so my order was delayed by a day while until I answered their email).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
shaunchipchase
My Cars: citroen gs
piccasso
exantia
c5 exclusive 2.2 hdi

Post by shaunchipchase »

thanks for your reply hellrazor5543,just had a look on fleabay,spotted some monroe spheres going pretty cheap...trouble is how long have they been hanging around ,managed to work out what pressure spheres i need ,will give AEP DIRECT a call tomoz...... just had a look on ther website ,they make it so easy straight to my model and correct spheres ....guess where ill be buying from .... very cheap as well :-D :-D
MGmike
My Cars: 59 C6 2.7 Red
56 C6 2.7 Blue
55 C5 II Blue
Plus many MG's from 58 to 97
Oh and a Jag XK8!

Post by MGmike »

I've fitted monroe comforts to my 54 MKII and would highly recommend them. You don't really notice the difference at first but once they've settled in the difference when you jump in a standard one (I had a standard 07 as a comparison) is very noticeable.