C5 X7 Seat belt reminder display wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zbeky
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 2.0HDI 120KW

C5 X7 Seat belt reminder display wiring

Post by zbeky »

Hi guys,

Would anybody please have wiring schema how is the ceiling infodisplay with seat belt reminders powered and connected to BSI for C5 X7 2012? I have GPS logger placed in the dashboard fuse box. Unfortunatelly it has relatively big case and when I want to close the fuse box I have to push the logger deep inside near the BSI. Since last time I did that the ceiling display is not working, I must have accidentally unplugged/snappped something.

What I have tried so far:
  • According to datasheet the display is powered through fuse G32? This fuse is OK and I can sense +12V on both sides of the fuse.
  • Took down the ceiling panel, disconnected the display and tried to sense volatge on the connector. I couldn't sense any voltage on all of the 3 pins but I don't know if it is beacuse the positive wire is disconnected somewhere or beacuse ECU disables power when no end device is found.
Thank you in advance, the wiring schema would really help narrow down places to look at.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: C5 X7 Seat belt reminder display wiring

Post by wheeler »

Need the last 8 digits of the VIN to get the diagram.
zbeky

Post by zbeky »

Last 8 digits are CL521190. Thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Here you go. 4746 is the display in the roof.
Attachments
seatbelts.jpg
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Looks like the feed from the fuse goes through a 35 way Black connector, looks like its in the A pillar according to the diagram ??
The location diagram is not very clear, cant imagine a connector that size under the A pillar trim?
Attachments
location.jpg
seatb wiring.jpg
zbeky

Post by zbeky »

Thank you.

I have seen some schema with the connector in A pillar too but that is definitely not the place where I could have broken anything. If I have +12V on the fuse but no +12V in the roof connector, I suspect the power line. Maybe the output female socket of the fuse is just pulled out. But will also look on the data wire. One last question - which connector on the BSI is BSI1 please?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

zbeky wrote: 08 Nov 2020, 18:49 One last question - which connector on the BSI is BSI1 please?
Not sure what you mean by that, BSI1 is just the component code for the BSI. The data wire comes from the 40 way blue connector (pin1)on the BSI.
This also goes via interconnetor IC85.
zbeky

Post by zbeky »

My fault, I thought that the BSI connectors are numbered and that BSI1 on the first schema means connector 1 on the BSI. Now everything is clear.