This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

RCF16
My Cars: Just a DS5
Renault Megane and Cleo

7 inch touch screen tablet

Post by RCF16 »

Hi
I have a DS5 on a 15 plate. Recently my tablet started rebooting every 3 minutes, put a new battery in the car thinking that the battery was on its way out. But still having the same problem, not good when travelling to London and sat-nav, radio and Bluetooth connected to my phone keeps rebooting. I have no idea what the problem is bad connection, firmware, unit had it.
Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated..
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 22 Oct 2020, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I've deleted you second post from the other Forum - please keep your related questions together to avoid duplication of any answers.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 7 inch touch screen tablet

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Regarding the restarts.

One of the most common issues for reboots is an incompatibility with a Bluetooth connected phone.

Go into the system, delete / unpair the paired phone. However, it must also be deleted and removed, not just unpaired from the touchscreen so that the cache is also removed. Then remove the bluetooth pairing from your phone.

Then leave and lock the car for 10 minutes to allow the networks to sleep and to ensure the Head Unit powers off (as it remains on for some time after locking the vehicle). It won't do this if you have a door open or have the hands free fob on you.

Then later, go back and start the car and go for a drive. If it stops rebooting, then you have your problem - a bluetooth connection with your phone.

I then suggest you check for a firmware update for your specific unit, which may have addressed some known issues - as the updates almost always include some bug / compatibility fixes for bluetooth. As phone software is frequently updated it can sometimes cause issues with vehicle bluetooth systems that do not get updated as often.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RCF16
My Cars: Just a DS5
Renault Megane and Cleo

Post by RCF16 »

I've unpaired the phone and deleted it off the car and left it parked overnight but still having the same issues might have to try the update as it's still on 2015 firmware, been given price's of £60 and £169 to get updates and talk of wanting £89 to put it on a dionostic machine 😩😩
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Does the radio system in your DS5 have DAB? And if so, do you have it set to any of the BBC DAB stations? If that's the case try changing to FM or keeping off the BBC for a few days.

It appears that the BBC changed something a month or so ago on their DAB stations and many owners of Mk2 308s with the SMEG+ system have reported a problem such as this. Until the BBC comes up with a solution the get-around is as above. The fix appears to be to update the firmware to the latest version.

If you don't have DAB then forget I spoke!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Further to this, the latest version for SMEG+ is SMEG5.43.A.R2, dated 19/09/17, and for SMEG+IV2 it's SMEG6.3.D.R6, dated 27/10/16.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​