Problem opening emails

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Problem opening emails

Post by Peter.N. »

Can any of you computer gurus help? When I try to opening emails, particularly FCF ones, if I can click on them within a second or so of them arriving on the screen they open OK, more than a couple of seconds and the screen remains blank but the Google Chrome icon starts flashing and if I click on it sometimes the mail will open, sometimes straight away but others I have to do it several times and at others it appears when I close the page.

It's only started doing this recently, particularly since I had an ongoing broadband drop out problem. I think we had five engineers up and the consensus of opinion was that the router was incompatible with the fibre box in the village. It was suggested I try a BT 6 hub as this seem to have helped others, I did but it didn't improve things in fact it was worse in that I had difficulty with the wifi. I'm on Plusnet by the way.

Since the last engineers visit it's been OK which seems to have coincided with them laying a new fibre line to the village, possibly the problem all along. It's since all this debacle that the mail opening problem has occured.

Thanks in anticipation.

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Problem opening emails

Post by CitroJim »

Are you using the Plusnet web client to read emails Peter?

First thing I'd do is give Chrome a good old clear-out and clean-up... Delete all cookies and browsing history as a start...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Problem opening emails

Post by Peter.N. »

I don't know Jim, I haven't changed anything but I will give it a scan. Thanks

Peter