Superfast Fibre Broadband.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Superfast Fibre Broadband.

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Coming to the small Forest villages soon
My friend at Clearwell had a notice through her letterbox warning of traffic disruption while they install the underground stuff, it's already in progress in the next village, huge cable drums of red cable.
This company in cahoots with Glos CC.
https://www.gigaclear.com
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Superfast Fibre Broadband.

Post by CitroJim »

We had the same experience in Paggers in the spring and summer Eric ;) They went through the town like a dose of salts installing the fibre infrastructure... All done during the quiet of Lockdown V1...

Ours was done by a mob called Cityfibre on behalf of Vodafone...

We have pretty violet cable ducts and dark green street cabinets...

It's all live now and I'm an early subscriber to their service... it's super fast and the cost undercuts the traditional service providers by a substantial degree. I guess they're running it as a loss-leader for a couple of years. The old traditional Internet suppliers have lost a lot of customers and the copper local loops from the telephone exchange are slowly falling into disuse as our phones are now on the fibre...

I guess our huge telephone exchange will soon fall into complete disuse and become a restaurant or flats... It's already 90% empty following the removal of the old Strowger equipment in the 1990s... We were late to the electronic party and enjoyed a proper electromechanical phone service longer than most!

If and when it arrives at your front door, go for it. It's good :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Not due in my village yet Jim but I've got fibre to the cabinet which is probably as fast as I'll ever need at 67Meg.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 16:27 Not due in my village yet Jim but I've got fibre to the cabinet which is probably as fast as I'll ever need at 67Meg.
Yes, theat's a very satisfactory speed Eric :D I allegedly had FTTC with Plusnet but never anywhere near as fast as that. I think my cabinet must have been a long, long way away from me!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...