Berlingo DHI limp mode.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

numnuts

Berlingo DHI limp mode.

Post by numnuts »

Hi all. My 2004 2ltr Berlingo hdi has started to go into limp mode intermittently. There is no EML coming on and no excess smoke or anything. It runs fine in limp mode but just won't go beyond 3000 revs. I use to hear an occasional whooshing noise when under hard acceleration (Bit like air brakes) but that doesn't happen any more. I have also noticed a few air bubbles in the diesel line from or to the pump. Each time it goes into limp mode, it seems to stay there longer. Can't get it into a garage until Thursday. Any thoughts? Cheers all.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Berlingo DHI limp mode.

Post by wheeler »

It doesn’t sound like limp mode, when in limp mode the revs get restricted to 2200 rpm & it would also bring the EML on.
Without getting the fault memory read first the only thing you can really do is check the turbo boost pipes are not leaking anywhere.
numnuts

Re: Berlingo DHI limp mode.

Post by numnuts »

Thanks Wheeler. Will do. I drove from Manchester To Oxford with no problem yesterday, no sign of the phantom 'limp mode'. This morning, it was back again. Turned the ignition on n off a few times and car was back to full power! Makes me wonder whether the fault may be electrical..