07 xsara Picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bdog
My Cars: 07 xsara Picasso

07 xsara Picasso

Post by Bdog »

Hi all,

Just acquired a super low mileage (just under 17k) 07 xsara Picasso. Its got the 1.6 hdi engine.

Just wondering if there is anything in particular to look out for, or anything I can do to improve the car in general.
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Re: 07 xsara Picasso

Post by admiral51 »

Regular oil changes first and foremost from me, they suffer from Turbo issues but 17k on a 13 year old car is a good find, check the service history and mileage between MOT it may give you an idea of how it was used before you got it.
Depending how you use it may throw up issues as it gets driven the way it was intended to be used, ie driven :)
Bdog
My Cars: 07 xsara Picasso

Post by Bdog »

Thanks for this, I know the 2 previous owners so am aware of the usage, it was garaged and barely run after the first 10k until 2 years ago when my father in law took it on. He put 5k on and now it's come to me.

Unfortunately I don't do a lot of miles annually, if it wasn't for the super low mileage and low price I would would have stuck with my petrol focus.

It's going for a full service very soon
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Post by doctle »

Have the belts been changed? A snapped timing belt on such a low mileage motor would be a shame and quite spoil your day too
Oh buggle