Can no longer trust my DS5!

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Wraakian
My Cars: Citroen DS5 (current), Citroen Piccasso's (3 perviously owned), BX (2 previously owned), GS Sports, Renault 5, Renault 25.

Can no longer trust my DS5!

Post by Wraakian »

I purchased a DS5 in April 2018 and have had it regularly serviced at a Citroen main dealership. By September 2018 major problems started with the system reporting ENGINE FAULT. Luckily, I was not on any motorway at the time as it told me to pull over safely to the side of the road and only gave me one second to do so before cutting all power? This was so very dangerous I wrote to Citroen HQ in France but never got a reply. If I had been in the fast lane of the motorway I was heading for I could have been seriously injured or killed!
My Citroen dealership did a diagnostic check and found the small fuse box needed changing and after replacing the fuse box tested it on a ramp and then took it out for a long motorway drive and it did the same problem and had to be towed back to their centre. They then changed the main fuse box and after more tests it seemed to be okay. I ran the car for two years with 2 of the same fault appearing but although on one occassion the car stopped with all dashboard lights going out whilst I was in the fast lane of the M60 it immediately and thankfully restarted again. When I took it in for its next service Ciroen told me I should have brought it in immediately after it had happened again as the faults had reset themselves and were not showing on the system readouts. Now (October 2020) my DS5 has done the same thing again cutting out on me again with only a one second warning of an ENGINE FAULT. The R.A.C couldn't get it started as two faults were showing up that wouldn't reset. The R.A.C took it into my Citroen dealer again on their flat-back lorry. Citroen are going to update the computer with the latest software but their chief technician believes it's more likely to be the ECU that has gone which if so will cost me around £8,000 to replace! I have never had problems with any of my previous Citroens and this is my first Hybrid car but I am more appalled that Citroen DS would set their vehicles to cut out giving the driver only 1 seconds notice from the initial notification of the fault to cutting out the engine. To me that is totally unsafe and I do not have any faith in the DS5 or Citroen's ability to produce a safe hybrid vehicle anymore!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Can no longer trust my DS5!

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Do you have your VIN, so I can determine the exact engine?

There is a known fault with the fuel High Pressure Sensor that can cause the vehicle to stall. If, when using a suitable Diagnostic tool, one or more of these fault codes P0192, P0193 or P11AD present themselves then, then this is likely the be the case and requires replacement if all wires and connectors have first been checked.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Wraakian
My Cars: Citroen DS5 (current), Citroen Piccasso's (3 perviously owned), BX (2 previously owned), GS Sports, Renault 5, Renault 25.

Post by Wraakian »

Hi Marc, yes my DS5 VIN No:-

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thanks
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 15 Oct 2020, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected VIN (too short)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so as I th ought it's the DW10CTED4 engine and that issue I mentioned will apply iof you have those fault codes coming up.

Marc
Wraakian

Post by Wraakian »

Thanks Marc, I will check the error code numbers with Citroen.

Regs
Jim
Wraakian

Post by Wraakian »

Hi Marc, unfortunately none of those codes were showing. The car won't even go more than 15 cms on electric only. I really trust the chief tech at my local Citroen as he has always been on the ball so I'm leaving it in his capable hands. Many thanks though Marc it was worth checking it out.

Regs
Jim
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, if they are good Citroen Indy's they will probably have Diagbox and can access all the fault codes, but if you do get them, pop them up here and I can give you an explanation.

Marc